Saturday, May 8, 2021

FNwF & a Brief Catch Up

Hello! I've  been offline lately because I've been out of town. First stop was to visit my sweet Brody, of course! Look at that big boy eating his yogurt with his spoon!

We always enjoy seeing the grown up kids too. Sarah managed to set us up to visit a winery - Running Hare Winery. The weather was beautiful, Brody enjoyed stretching his legs because kids were allowed, and we enjoyed leftover pizza with wine & beer. Unfortunately I had so much fun that I forgot to take any pictures except of the grounds when we first got there. Thank you, Sarah, for a wonderful day!

My son & DIL also have another new addition to their family -- Gus!

Gus is currently their foster bull terrier but it looks like he'll become a member of the family. He gets along with Brody and their other dog Sadie. He's still learning a few manners but he is the funniest thing! He literally bounces along and can leap along like a gazelle. I've never seen a dog this size move like Gus can AND he's a very sweet boy. He's also made himself quite at home. Pretty sure he likes his new home! Ha!

I'd also like to give a bit thank you to Cheryll for rounding up all the friends to stitch for Friday Night with Friends. While traveling, I've been working on #2 of the OSewPersonal UFO Challenge, Sew Spooky BOM. This BOM was started years ago and a lot of blocks are done. I discovered sashing that needs to be added and then some fun borders. Oh yeah! There's a Candy Cane border which scared the beejeebers out of me which was why this project was put aside. It's time to "man up" and get this one done. I prepped the 14 scrappy blocks with the wool bats as my project to work on in the car. The blocks are approximately 15" x 6" to give you a sense of size.

These 8 blocks are finished. I've got another that I've been working on today with my virtual friends. That makes five to go after that. It's a long trip home so whatever is left after tonight should keep me busy enough for the ride home.
As you can see, my favorite prep is using staples to hold everything in place. Would you like a closer look?

We'll be heading for home tomorrow and there will be stitching in my lap. I'll be back on the blog next week for sure!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip - seeing family is just the best! A trip to the winery is always fun, too. Love your bats, and good luck on that border that's bugging you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always NiCe to catch up with family isn't it...
    Love those bats you're working on...
    Thanks for taking the time to join in FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoghurt tastes better when it's messy :)
    Gus looks like a sweet boy and your bat colony is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good that you can sew in the car - I usually crochet...but whatever works for you...I have never thought to use staples - but in felt - I can see it would work well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to visit family ...
    Your bats look great.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dog is adorable! They are supposed to be just such good family dogs, happy that he found a forever home!

    ReplyDelete