Saturday, April 24, 2021

RSC End of Light/Bright Blues?

Oh wow! We are getting close to the end of the light/bright blues and I guess I didn't get much sewing time this week. Seems like ra lot of time spent on doctor's appointments with hubby's upcoming surgery. Now we're planning a couple of trips so not much time for May either probably. Oh well, that doesn't stop me from life.

On the RSC front, I did manage to sew this sweet block. I knew when I made it that the background fabric would go wonky but I didn't mind. I thought it went beautifully with the light blue fabric I had already chosen.


I didn't finish my table mat (yet) this month. My inspiration came from the book "Returning to Temecula" by Sheryl Johnson. I figured the Nine Patch Posey would use up a lot of my 1-1/4" scraps.

Inspiration

Here's my version. As you can see I didn't get the appliqued center done nor the quilting. Oh well. Currently it measures approximately 16" x 20". Maybe I'll spend a little time finishing this one up but too late for the Table Scrap Challenge. Boo! Hoo!


I'll be preparing for our trip and packing this week. Probably not much going to happen next week in the sewing room. In the meantime, I'm linking with Angela and friends at SoScrappy!


11 comments:

  1. I love your version of the 9 Patch Posy! Maybe that appliqued center would make a good travel project? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making forward progress on the table mat! Maybe you can prep the appliqué and take it with you to do by hand. And, you can always link up to any of Angela's linky parties when you finish this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like that 9P Posy. Maybe you will have it finished for the next RSC blue month and be able to link up to the table scrap challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the block with those cute animals in the background fabric, it gives special interest to the block. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not too late, Susie! The TABLE SCRAPS Link Party is open through April 30th due to technical difficulties. Otherwise, it's perfectly acceptable to post a progress picture of your beautiful BLUE table mat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 9-patch Posy, great way to use up tiny pieces. The animal background fabric is really cute, love those animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Susie - I love the little 9 patches. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background fabric on your block ... it's not wonky, it's just like in nature, flowers are every where!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both the inspiration and your take on it. Yes, it is time to put the blues behind. Let's paint the town red :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susie, I love your version...so pretty. Little 9 patches are so sweet and white provides a nice contrast. Meanwhile, hope it is spring in your neck of the woods. Staying kind of cool here in Ontario but fingers crossed for some real heat soon. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete