Saturday, April 10, 2021

All Day Friday with Friends

Yesterday I had a wonderful day sewing with friends from all over. By day, it was day #1  days to sew together with my local sewing group but sleep at home at night. Last night was Friday Night with Friends where I sewed with my global friends! So what did I work on?

During the day I worked on the Twisted Mystery quilt from last year. I made a lot of corner beam blocks but forgot to take pictures Trust me, I got a big pile done with more waiting for me this morning. I'm really starting to get quite a few baggies full of "block parts" and am looking forward to sewing them all together .... one day!

Of course I left in time to call Mom and check in with her on my drive home and also (should I say most importantly?! Ha!) to make it home on time for Jeopardy. We just LOVE that show and turns out a lot of my daytime quilting friends do too. Do you? Don't you just miss Alex Trebek? Who has your favorite guest host been so far? The consensus for our group was: The best so far has been Ken Jennings & Mike Richardson (I think that was his name, the executive producer) with Katie Couric and Dr. Oz being a resounding NO. Aaron Rogers is doing alright too. We quilters always have opinions on important things, don't we?

So after dinner, I pulled out Shark Bite and did more hand-sewing down of the binding. I'd say that while watching Magnum P.I. followed by Blue Bloods I managed to get a complete 88" side done!


Sewing, sewing, sewing!


I would have sewn a little longer but someone wanted to go to bed. Or was she supervising? Ha!


What a great day and I'm looking forward to day #2 of sewing with my local buddies. That'll happen right after I walk the dog & get properly dressed! I hope you have as great day a day as I'm planning on!


Linking up with Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' for FNwF. Go check out what some global quilters got accomplished. It's always an amazing trip!

6 comments:

  1. We are definitely Jeopardy watchers at our house, too! Loved Ken Jennings and Mike Richardson like you. Aaron Rodgers is doing okay - who knew he was a Jeopardy fan? Looks like you're getting a lot done, sewing with friends. Hope you had a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is looking wonderful... always fun to sew with friends...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your quilt done. It looks like a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for making so much progress. I look forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Binding is always a great thing - it means you almost have a finish - and with a TV backdrop - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to do the binding while watching Tele....
    love the backing....

    ReplyDelete