Thursday, April 15, 2021

I Like Thursday #31

I have to start this post with how much I like a finished (finally) quilt. Shark Bite has been completed and presented to my local quilt shop's UFO Challenge group. There will be an official photo shoot but in the meantime I'd like you to see that it is Polly-approved.
Next step was to lay it out on the bed to see what exactly I have created.
I like it!
You may remember my picture last Thursday of the beautiful red bud tree outside our bedroom window. I noticed yesterday that on the tips of the branches there were tiny leaf buds. Boo! Hoo! That means the flowers will soon blow away and then all that will remain is a pretty tree.

With this in mind, I decided to take a walk around the garden to see what I could find of Spring again.
A lonely red tulip coming up in the middle of the hosta bed. Weird since I did not plant any bulbs here but I accept!
A shadowy glimpse of my pulmonaria or lungwort. There are also hollyhocks leaves surrounding it.


My azalea is just gorgeous this year. I've never trimmed it and I love the shape that it has developed all on its own. The day I bought this bush I was in search of a rhododendron. At the nursery I noticed this small azalea by the name of Olga. I had to buy it since Olga was my grandmother's name (on my father's side). She's a beauty! Did you also notice another patch of hostas growing to the left of her?

I'm still reading "A Stash of One's Own" by Clara Parkes. That didn't stop me from picking up a book from the library that I had requested. One of my blogging friends mentioned it and it definitely interested me. "Classic to Contemporary String Quilts" by Mary M. Hogan. On my goodness! Full of fabulous ideas! I will definitely be enjoying all the ideas in this book.

 The other day I got a package in the mail.


The Applique Society (TAS) is having its annual meeting at the end of this month and Dawn Heese from Linen Closet Designs will be giving a trunk show and teaching two applique classes. One class is a cotton applique project and the other is this Antique Urn wool class. The wools in this package are gorgeous and I'm looking forward to the meeting and this class. There are also other quilters doing presentations. It's not too late to join TAS. Just go to their website HERE and register. Annual dues are only $25 and the monthly meetings are jam packed with interesting artists, tips, and fun. This month's meeting is featuring Helen Stubbings all the way from Australia! Can you tell I really like TAS? Haha!

I think that'll cover my "likes" for this week. I think I'll pop on over to Not Afraid of Color to see what "likes" the others are sharing. Until next I see you, have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Shark Bite is a fun design, and hooray for a finish! Your garden is getting some pretty color, too! Hollyhocks remind me of being at my grandma's house in Iowa - I haven't seen them growing out here. Your Antique Urn kit looks like it will be fun to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is pretty! Wow - that azalea looks terrific. We're just starting to get some color around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finished quilt! Such fun design, is it your own design? Looks like spring has sprung your side. Your azalea is such a bright splash of color to your garden, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olga is stunning! Thanks for showing some blooms...none here yet but no snow or freezing rain so I'm happy. I love stitching with wools...in fact I showed a little pin cushion I appliqued on today's post. It was a kit too. Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete