Sunday, April 11, 2021

Retreat Wrap-Up

The last two days were so much fun as always. Spent them with about 7-8 once-a-month quilting buddies. We gather together in the parish hall, safely distanced, and share our quilting experiences and life stories. It's a wonderful time for all especially due to the constraints of the past year. Blech!

So what did I work on? I put in a lot of time on Twisted Mystery 2020. I'm hoping to finish the top by the end of the year. On Friday I finished up 44  of the dark blue and gold units (bottom pile). I think I did about 30 while at retreat. Forgot to count what I'd already finished. Then I did the 8 dark blue and gray units and completed 24 of the 40 gray and gold units. They are made using the Studio 180 Corner Beam ruler and, while they take a bit more cutting of the pieces and then squaring them all up, they come at perfectly!

On Saturday I actually finished up the gray & gold units and after lunch decided to put that project box aside and work on some of my guild's blocks of the month. I counted up what I already had -- yay! 6 already done. I recently learned that there will be a total of 16. I knew I was behind so I printed up six patterns & bagged up 5 to take with me. I actually managed to sew up three! I sewed this one first.

Then these two simultaneously.


Look! I worked in some bright blue for RSC!

Last night I came home to more of this, binding Shark Bite, a Bonnie Hunter Leaders & Enders projects from several years ago. Maybe I'll hit the finish line today!

Have a great week, everyone!


Linking up with SoScrappy and all the other Rainbow Scrappers. 

8 comments:

  1. Great work on all your blocks - I love those gold and grey fabrics together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been great to gather and quilt together. We are all in need of that right now.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to stitch with friends, you had a productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your retreat sounds like so much fun and so needed during these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see there are still retreats somewhere in the world. Looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got a lot done at your retreat, and pretty projects, too! Hooray for binding Shark Bite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds your retreat was a great time, you had fun and sew a lot.

    ReplyDelete