Saturday, April 3, 2021

RSC Blue -- Not Quite Yet

Angela has chosen light/bright blue for the month of April. I'm anxious to dig into my scraps to see what I can come up with but that was placed on a back burner for the time being. Instead, I've concentrated my efforts on the April/Easter cross stitch project.

Last time I showed it, it looked like this. I still had the outlining to do on the entire tree, the bunnies in the foreground, the egg cart, and the bunny sitting by the quilt. Stitch, stitch, stitch!

Ta! Da! I finished it last night while watching Blue Bloods. Right down to my initials & year!

This morning I cut the self-adhesive mounting board and got the project trimmed & stuck on. After inserting it into the shelf, it is now hanging just inside the front door. To the right is a monthly hanger that my cousin gave me many Christmases ago. Below that is the weather station. The cross stitch will hang until May 1.


So happy to have this project completed 100%. The pattern was from a1989  calendar that my mother gave me back in 1988. This one was actually designated for March that year but that's OK with me. I've already done February, May, June, and October. One more will mark the halfway mark. Not sure if all 12 are in my future though! Haha!

The rest of my time has been eaten up with quilting Shark Bite. At 88" square, it's been a monster to maneuver under the needle of my little machine. There is a deadline of April 13th so I'll really be focusing on that one next. Plus it's on my PHD list. For my April PHD project, I'd like to have Awesome Land to finished top stage. I started some of the sashing so it really shouldn't be that big of a deal to meet that goal. Of course it's also a bed-sized quilt!

I did manage to sew a little bit with some blue scraps but it's definitely not light or bright. I'm working on a guild  group (called Twisted Mystery) project from 2020. I'm not sure of what the actual title of it is so I'll have to eventually come up with my own. I'm doing it in patriotic colors and so there is blue, just not light or bright. Here's a picture of the stack I worked on this week.

I'm really learning how to use the Deb Tucker/Studio 180 rulers. They take a little extra time but the piecing comes out perfect! Good thing I'm getting familiar with these rulers since the Twisted Mystery quilt for 2021 uses several.

So my WOOFA .... is going to be Awesome Land which will also satisfy a PHD project. Shark Bite will satisfy both a PHD project and also a 2021 UFO Challenge project at my LQS. I'll need to start looking through my blue scraps too. So much to do, so little time! Ha!

Whatever you're working on, I hope you have light/bright blue skies and sunny joy within.


Linking up:

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching and quilting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So productive at finishing up old projects. The bunnies are just perfect for spring! Sounds like you have a couple of finished quilts to look forward to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing up that adorable cross-stitch design! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always nice to complete a project that has been waiting a while and just in time for Easter too, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish on your Easter cross stitch project. Enjoy the blues - I have made a start. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is how I think of blues - if it is not navy or very dark blue, it goes into the light/bright pile. By that definition, I'd say these are bright blues. Have a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just looked up the cross stitch I've been working on- from 1991! All the outlining is taking me forever. I'm determined to finish it for my sewing room this summer! Your bunnies are too cute. I see some bright blue in your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Easter cross stitch looks great...the outlining finished it off nicely! I will be playing with my blue scraps tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good patterns can sit for a while before the time is right to make them! Your cross-stitch design is charming. I really like Studio 180 rulers. I used Split Rects for the first time (=had to take it out of the wrapping).

    ReplyDelete