Thursday, July 14, 2022

I Like Thursday #80

Happy Thursday! We've come around the week again to look back on whatever has made us smile, appreciate life, or just give us a "feel good" feeling. LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color is faithful for getting us together weekly to share these moments and, right off the bat, that's a good thing!

A couple of afternoons ago, I happened to look out my window and noticed I had company. She ate for quite a while as she moseyed through the yard and then, just like that, was gone.
My sister sent me this picture of her pretty kitty Lily. The caption was "Can you guess what she wants?" Hahaha! Yes, I can! Can you?
I love it when I'm sewing along, getting pretty excited because I'm just about done with a block. Then, when I go to press it .... OOPS! Do you see what's wrong? I like that I caught it before I'd sewn the borders on!
There! That's much better and I REALLY LIKE that!
I'll finish up with this picture of one of my neighbors' beautiful hibiscus flower. We have red ones and pink ones in the neighborhood but this is the only white one that I know of. What a beauty! 
May your week be full of many things that make you happy. Catch you next week!

6 comments:

  1. Always fun to see the wildlife that's around - both inside and out! That's a pretty block - too bad about the need for the seam ripper, though. I'm not sure I've ever seen hibiscus growing in a yard - pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "out" "in" "out" "in" says a cat confronted with a closed door.
    your quilting is pretty, and love a hibiscus, happy likes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie! Cool on the deer in your yard, and Lily the kitty is a giggle. Well? What are you waiting for? Clearly you know what I want. Oops on the block - I have done that. I didn't see it until the quilt was all together, layered and quilted! I did NOT change it. It's a creative design choice. HAHA! Hibiscus!! I planted my first bush this year and I am hoping and hoping that it will bloom. My fingers are crossed! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty prints on your block. I love hibiscus flowers - they're always so bright and cheery. We enjoy watching the deer browse through here as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you caught the twisted block! It's much better to catch it early! The hibiscus is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily is so lovely and waiting so patiently. Love that tail. Must have been amazing to see a deer in your yard. Couple of weeks ago I stitched a flower, trimmed it and then realised I used the wrong fabric. Luckily, I was able to fix it relatively easily. Good thing you noticed yours before you went further. Wishing you a lovely week!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete