Thursday, July 28, 2022

I Like Thursday #82

I'm looking back through my pictures and I'm not sure what happened. I know there must have been plenty of likes throughout the week. Let's see what I can dig up.

I do like knowing what I'm going to back my quilt tops with and I did manage some of that this week. I like productivity!

Jolly Bar Meringue Quilt,
aka Pennants

Autumn Jubilee 2021

I like that the heat broke for a little while here in the mid-to-upper Midwest. Unfortunately, my sister in Texas is still suffering with 100+ degree temps. I'm sure we'll have more heat coming our way since we haven't even gotten to August yet but at least we have a break for a few days. Here's a picture of Jacob staring at the ceiling fan. He looks how I was feeling when we had that long stretch of Feels Like temperatures hovering around 110.

Here's a better picture of Jacob. He's really growing like a weed!

Not to be outdone, here's our other "little man", Brody. He's starting to talk FINALLY!!! It's not super intelligible but at least he's trying. Not much talking when there's food in front of him though!

Our prompt today from our hostess is what is our preferred clothing in summer. Mine is jean shorts, T-shirt, and sandals. Here's a group photo from last week's retreat. You can see I'm wearing my usual summer attire. Nothing fancy ... way too hot.

I'm still reading "The Night Tiger". I'm a bit over 100 pages in and wondering where the story is taking me. I like the story but it feels like maybe this book was originally written in a different language and has been translated. It's interesting but not sure if I'll be recommending it to Mom or you either. Stay tuned.

That's my likes for the week. I hope you've had plenty to like as well. Head on over to Not Afraid of Color if you'd like to read more likes!

4 comments:

  1. Finding backings for quilts can be a challenge! The rainbow spirals looks like it would be great for a lot of quilts. I spy Autumn Jubilee, too. Mine is next in line to be quilted! Cute grandboys! Stay cool - we finally had a big storm here that cooled everything down - for a day or two anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabrics. Ugh, the heat! It would be nice if it stayed cooler for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny, I felt the same way this week, where are the likes I thought I drafted. I'm a shorts girl... I can't even wear capri's when it's so hot. Sweet littles... and haven't looked for that book yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie! What a lovely quilt on your header! It's beautiful. Those babies grow way too fast, don't they?! Jacob looks so cute watching that fan - we had a guy who did that. He's four now and he still likes to watch them. Brody looks like a good eater - that's wonderful. Yippee for talking. Hopefully soon you won't be able to shut him up, and you'll love every moment of that. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete