Sunday, July 31, 2022

OMG! Not only one finish ... BUT TWO!

I'm celebrating a proud moment in my life. I actually have two finished quilts this month, one of which I only started this month! Both of these quilts were started AND now finished in 2022! Let me start with the first.

Remembering Betsy was a free pattern from Pam Buda's blog Heartspun Quilts. I am noticing that it is no longer free but it is still available HERE as a digital download. The sew along started at the end of May and really didn't take long to sew. My ambition was to have it finished by 4th of July. So that didn't happen although I did start the sewing in June with my monthly-ish sewing group. I finished the quilting and binding just recently. It looks good up for summer and I'll keep it up through Labor Day. May I present Remembering Betsy!

This little quilt measures 15"x15" and is adorable. The 44 flying geese measure 2"x1". The reds are scrappy and the blue churn dash blocks are the same individually but each one is different from the others. I just knew I'd love this quilt and I do!

A couple close-up pictures of the front to give you an idea of the quilting and scrappiness. Love the polka dot binding!


A couple pictures of the back. Who doesn't love a sweet toile?


Complete with label.

But wait! There's more! Recently on retreat I started a sweet little baby quilt. I talked about the top being finished HERE. Officially the pattern named it Jolly Bar Meringue Quilt. I call it Pennants. Last week I layered & pin basted and this week I quilted it and got it bound. Ta! Da! Another finished quilt! Here is Pennants hanging around the garden.

Showing off the binding and a little bit of backing.

I quilted it with what I'm calling "reverse pennants". I used a variegated gold thread because I thought the top colors were warm and I'm very happy with my choice. It looks gorgeous on the gray background fabric too. The green binding? Well, it was the only fabric I could find that I had enough to get the job done and match the top. Besides, everyone knows green's my favorite color! Ha! The backing was a piece leftover from Shark Bite. So everything about this quilt was from my stash, including the Jolly Bar that I won a long time ago. Major win!

What a great month for me. Yesterday the mailman brought me the thread I'd ordered to quilt Twistie, the Positivity 2022 quilt. Let the fun continue!

4 comments:

  1. Two wonderful finishes! Pennants is a great name for the baby quilt. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, two lovely finishes. Betsy is stunning and I love the scrappiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Congratulations on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on TWO finishes!!! Both are beautiful! Thank you for linking to PHD in 2022, July Report!

    ReplyDelete