Thursday, August 4, 2022

I Like Thursday #83

Here we are at Thursday once again and once again I have a few pictures to share with you and the other I Like Thursday bloggers at Not Afraid of Color.

First up would be my Polly. She is 9 years old and still quite playful. She loves when I have a wall hanging long enough to reach behind the couch. She makes it her personal tunnel and hiding spot. Of course it quickly gets untucked from behind the couch. Here she is playing with her yarn string, another favorite, while hiding behind the wall hanging.

My grandsons are two of my favorites also. Jacob is getting so big. First picture is of the Jacob & Brody side by side wearing the same onsie. The only difference is: Brody is 4 1/2 months old and Jacob is only 3 months! And we thought Brody was a big boy!!!


Here is Jacob celebrating his 3 month birthday.
Brody enjoying a day at Skyzone. Jump, Brody, jump!

I made a delicious peach pie this week. I used this recipe from Allrecipes. I've made it before and it's a keeper!

I visited my doctor yesterday. He proclaimed that I was in excellent health. My sugar, iron, thyroid, cholesterol, etc. etc. were all fabulous. He said my cholesterol was a little high (197) but that was only because my HDL (the good number) was very high. He asked me my secret and I told him it was my daily walk with Gracie. Everyday, even in the rain, snow, heat, freezing cold, we walk 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 miles. The only thing that keeps us home is ice and thunder & lightning. I was shocked yesterday when I was fiddling with my phone to see that I was at exactly 2600 miles!

My hydrangeas are in full bloom. Don't they look pretty with this little baby quilt I recently finished?
My Naked Ladies are starting to bloom. They're also called Surprise Lilies because after the daffodil-looking leaves die off, a couple months later these spring up!
Gracie thinks they're pretty too!

Yesterday we finally got the rain we've desperately been craving but it came with a cost. We had high wind gusts and my back neighbor lost several trees including this big one. I'll miss it this Autumn because it always gave a colorful show against the pond.

The bike trail didn't fare too well either. Here are a couple pictures from my walk this morning.


I like that "the boys" will be out in the next day or two cleaning it up for all of us walkers, bikers, and joggers!

That's it for this week. I'm still reading "The Night Tiger" and will let you know how I feel about it when I reach the end. Until next week!

8 comments:

  1. Good quilting pattern for your quilt. I like how the simplicity of the stitching lines enhance your quilt blocks. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie, your baby quilt against those blooms looks so beautiful. How great you are getting in a good walk each day. Kudos! Beautiful mouth watering pie too. And last but certainly not least, beautiful little grandsons. All wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright and happy baby quilt you finished, Susie! Cute little grand-boys, too. They're really growing! Yum on the peach pie, too. I've been wanting to make one, too, but just seem to keep eating up the peaches one by one! That looks like quite a storm you had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly is a cutie! Trampolines are the BEST! That peach pie looks awesome. Now I want some. :-) Love that baby quilt! I envy your rain (even with the downed trees).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandsons are both adorable! Polly looks much younger. I love the baby quilt. Great colors! Peach pie sounds wonderful. We haven't had rain here in ages. I hope we get a little relief from these temperatures and the drought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had several tornado scares... that baby is smiling at you taking a pic! Love your header !

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the new header photo of YOU holding that baby quilt!! It's good to see your smiling face, Susie. Now, please pass me a slice of that yummy looking peach pie! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susie! Great job on the doctor visit. Isn't it nice to hear that everything is in order and that you are on the right path to keeping yourself healthy? Your grandsons are SO cute. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete