Sunday, August 21, 2022

Twistie!

It seems like a long time ago that we had dark blue for our Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It was then that Preeti from Sew Preeti Quilts blogged about Mercyful Quilts and the need for quilts again this year. I participated last year in the drive and, since I had all my dark blue fabrics strewn about, I thought I'd choose them for this year's project. I also had quite a bit of a gray paisley fabric laying aside from the leftover backing from another quilt. Voile! A quilt idea was hatched.

My start-up post from June 25 was HERE. It was followed up on July 2nd HERE and then again on July 16th HERE. So you can see I've been plodding along slowly but surely. Like the Little Engine That Could, I just kept working on it and working on it and now I can say I finished it! Meet Twistie!

Twistie finished at approximately 64" x 80", the blocks being 8" each and set eight rows by ten columns. Isn't it spectacular against that blue sky today??

And blowin' in the wind?

Sit and rest a spell while you check out all the different shades of mostly dark blue fabrics. So calming.
Thought you might like to see what the back looked like too. I had bought this Kate Spain fabric eons ago ... B.C. (before Covid)! It was on clearance and I loved it. After I got it home, I just wasn't sure how I could use it. Well, now I know!
Here's a close up look at the quilting that I did on it. First I ditch-quilted and then I did the double-loop design in each of the blue sections using King Tut thread. The color was Mariana, a variegated navy blue. I used the same thread for the gray paisley sections only the color was Pumice, a variegated gray. I love King Tut thread for quilting.

A sneak peek at the back again. Look at that texture. This quilt is soft and snuggly. I hope it provides the comfort I'm intending.

This quilt will be shipped out in the mail this week, landing at Bernie's. You can read all about the Mercyful Quilts cause at her blog Needle and Foot HERE. I'm happy to provide some peace and grace to those nearing the end of life and to their loved ones.


I'm linking up with Bernie and others that have also contributed. These are some amazing quilts and will be so appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. Great finish Susie. Love all your blues and that Twistie design is a good one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the blue quilt! I'm behind on a few colors as well for RSC,congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt finish on this!! I love that pattern in all those blues...so pretty--nice job!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. That backing fabric is gorgeous. Thank you so much!!! Do you have the correct address? The quilts ship to Patty's house now, since I have moved up to WA state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out beautifully, Susie! Good for you for sticking with those 80 blocks! I'm sorry to be late in commenting - lately I'm not getting many of the email links to bloggers I follow. Need to figure out what's going on! Congratulations on your great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twistie is such a handsome finish!!! I love him in all his bright blue glory. Thank you so much for participating in the QAL. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful - the dark blues are so effective when used with the light grey background fabric. Wonderful quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love love this! Your photoshoot is fantabulous! ❤️kaholly

    ReplyDelete