Saturday, June 25, 2022

RSC Dark & Bright Blues Wrapping Up

The month of June is coming to a close. Next Friday will be the 1st of July and the new Rainbow Scrap Challenge color will be announced. So how far have I gotten with the blues? First up is my zigzag border. It has joined its other friends in the pile.


I also finished off the two Dresden plates last night while watching "Top Gun" on Prime. Hoping to catch the new one soon.


And with its friends.


I'm also joining in the Positivity 2022 QAL with Preeti @ SewPreetiQuilts. I'll tell you more about that another time. In the meantime, the Positivity 2022 block was revealed. Since I had plenty of dark blue fabrics out this month and it was suggested to have good contrast, I decided to go with them and make scrappy dark blue blocks. As for a background, I decided to keep it consistent and I chose a pale gray paisley I just happened to have in the stash leftover from a backing. Who doesn't love paisley, I ask??!!

I prepped my fabrics and got started. Ten blocks made lickity-split and dark/bright blues used again! There's a pile waiting to be completed for another 14 more blocks! So easy! So fast! So fun!

I managed to get the middle of the Illusions Sampler BOM completed too. There's a hunk of bright blue in there too!


I think that's all the blues for me today. Hope you've got sewing plans this weekend or you'll might end up singing the blues!

Linking up with Angela @ SoScrappy and all my other scrappy friends!

7 comments:

  1. Your Positivity blocks are pretty in blues! Are you going to make the whole quilt blue and white? It's such a pretty, and soothing, combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blue fabrics and beautiful blocks Susie. Your zig-zag scrap border looks really nice, This give me a great idea, thanks!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crushing on your blue blocks. So bright and so yummy. Remember to join the linky party on Bernie's blog today for the Positivity QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work on your RSC - and that prompts me to do my post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects all the way around!! I agree with Diann, above, the scrappy blues are such a nice combination with the gray background. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great blue blocks going on in your studio!!! You are quite the multi-tasking RSC quilter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those zig zags! I think I have more blue scraps than any other colour! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete