Thursday, June 2, 2022

I Like Thurs #74

Welcome back to another edition of I Like Thursday. It's always fun to browse the other blogs to see what made others happy during the past week. You can check it out for yourself at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color.

One thing that made me happy is I got my new crown this past Tuesday. The old one cracked off. When I pulled up to my dentist's office, I spied some beautiful flowers. His wife is responsible for the lovely displays that change seasonally. He always gives her credit and I told him to let her know I loved how beautiful the front of the office looked.


I forget exactly what day it was, but I happened to look at my mileage on my Runkeeper app. Check it out! I hit 2500 miles and still going!

I live in a small town but we celebrated Memorial Day in a big way. We had a parade at 1pm through town and ended up at our park. We were treated to tossed candy, all sorts of queens & princesses, community leaders, and a couple of politicians. In the park we had a speech from our mayor, prayers for the ones that gave their all, the VFW laid a wreath in memorial and recited the poem Flanders Field, and our very own Troy Community Band played patriotic songs. It was a wonderful day and the weather was GREAT!
Flags line Main Street and folks were starting to gather for the parade

Mayor Nonn addressing the town in our park


Troy Community Band

Wreath-laying Ceremony

Flag Flying Proudly from the Firetruck

Troy Fire Dept

We all enjoyed the strawberry pie I made for the holiday weekend. I use the recipe Strawberry Pie II from allrecipes.com . You can find it HERE. It's easy and it's a winner every time I make it!

Check out that bowl of candy in the background.
Candy from the parade!

Yes, please!

I finished my book called Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta. It was really, really good. You will despise and fear the bad guys! This morning I downloaded Shatter by Michael Robotham. Mom said it was good. I'll keep you posted.

Again this week I've been enjoying Roland Garros (aka French Open). Yesterday was a great day for the tennis matches. We watched Coco Goff beat Sloane Stephens and then we watched a hard match between Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokavic. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tournament which culminates this weekend!

I hope you have time to appreciate the happy things around you. Until next time, have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo in your header, Susie! That's such a neat design. Pretty flowers at your dentist's office, too. Memorial Day sounds like a fun day in your town. And the strawberry pie - yum! I might have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how diverse and similar our interests are... one year before americans hated each other, I was traveling through and stopped in Oakley Kansas for the 4th and shared bleachers with the townfolk, they drove a flatbed truck over with an organ playing songs, shot off fireworks over our heads, and a stranger's little girl ran to sit with me and hold my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that strawberry pie looks out of this world! The dentist's flowers are lovely. I have not yet needed a crown - I have enough fillings that one of these days something is going to crack. Yay for your new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of miles since the begging of the year? I only have about 900 miles. The doctor's wife does a fabulous job her planter is gorgeous. How fun to have a Memorial Day parade. The tiny town I work in had a memorial day parade, and barbecue.

    ReplyDelete