Thursday, June 23, 2022

I Like Thursday #77

Another Thursday, another post of positive things from my week. First up would be "surprise mail" that I received recently. I had signed up to make a donation quilt for the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge 2022. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen events, I was unable to participate. Mari, who headed this program up this year, still sent me this package of scrumptious yellow fabrics. It consisted of six FQs and a one yard piece. So generous! I need to get started on something for next year! I bet it'll have some yellow in it! Thank you so much, Mari. If you think you'd be interested in participating in H2H or if you want more information about it, all you have to do is go HERE. It is a very worthy cause and I'm sure they would love your help next year.

I like birthdays ... when they're someone else's! Haha! We had a birthday last weekend. Mom turned 89. That's a monumental LIKE! Here she is with her birthday cake and three candles (for wishes of Happy, Healthy, and Wise). I made a Strawberry and Cream Cake for her and it was SO DELICIOUS! I think I got the recipe from Melissa @ Pinker 'n' Punkin but I'll be doggone if I could locate it on her blog this evening.

 
Birthday Girl blowing out her candles. She had a bit of trouble doing it this year but she got it done!

Also last weekend was Father's Day. Jared & Amanda got Fred a new phone case for his new phone. The new one has a picture of Fred, Jared, Brody, & Jacob on it. Three generations of Hoover boys! I like how happy it made Fred.
I finished the book I was reading, "Shattered" by Michael Robotham. It was good and it was definitely a thriller. That's the kind of book I like to read. The only trouble is, sometimes I'm bothered a little by it so I have to read a lighter book afterwards. I downloaded "Hello, Summer" by Mary Kay Andrews. I found it on the NY Times Bestseller List. Here's the link on Goodreads.com of what it's about. Should be an easy read and I'm hoping a quick read. I put my name on the list for "The Midnight Library" ages ago and it's coming up fast all of a sudden!

As for TV viewing, I'm enjoying the return of American Ninja Warriors, St. Louis Cardinal baseball games, and the Weakest Link. The last couple of weekends we've also been liking "The Lincoln Lawyer" series on Netflix. We manage a couple/few episodes each weekend. I think we're getting down to probably finishing it up this weekend.

I hope you've had a good week too. Feel free to pop on over to LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color. She's the hostess of I Like Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Your r, w, and b quilt in the top photo looks just great, Susie! So festive! Happy Birthday to your mom, too. Yummy cake! I like Mary Kay Andrews - will have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabrics. Sometimes it is nice to have something ready to make for charity. Happy Birthday mom! That is fabulous, and the cake looks yummy. I tend to alternate heavy books, and then light hearted funny books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fabrics. great looking cake, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to make a yummy cake for Mom!!! Tell her happy Birthday!! and that phone case!! so cool - I have one with my kids on it and its my favorite thing...... I liked Hello Summer -hope you will too!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete