Thursday, June 30, 2022

I Like Thurs #78

Good morning! Good afternoon! Good evening! Whatever time it is that you're reading this post, I hope you find something to tickle your funny bone or pique your curiosity. I'll be linking up with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color and other fun-sharing folks. Hop on over to see what's happening in lots of places! 

This week I made some fresh raspberry muffins. My new neighbors went on vacation just as the raspberry bushes were producing. Not wanting the berries to go to waste (ha!), I managed to grab enough to make muffins! I used this recipe from Real Simple because, as the name of the blog suggests, they used really simple ingredients!

Raspberry muffins & coffee. YUM!

Here's my haul in a 2-cup container

I also made Peanut Butter Blossoms for the family this week. They are one of our favorite cookies. Missed my daughter who is always happy to assist mixing, rolling & shaping, unwrapping Kisses, smooshing the Kisses, and reaping the rewards afterwards.

Can you believe that the newest Grandson, Jacob, is already 2 months old??!!?? Here's the picture taken Wednesday to prove it.

Here he is a couple of days earlier. Look who's smiling at Daddy!

Have you ever noticed that when it rains it pours? I put my name on the list for the book "The Midnight Library" months & months ago. I just started "Hello, Summer" and guess what became available and ready for checkout within 3 days? Yup! I'm sure you guessed it. After getting creeped out several times while reading "Shatter", I knew I needed a lighter read. I'm enjoying "Hello, Summer" and will have to figure out what I'm going to do about the other book.


Gracie & I have met new friends on the bike trail. Actually we met the lady a few years ago but seldom saw her. Found out her name is Daisy and she recently earned her degree in Art Therapy. Gracie & I saw her a couple of times this week with her dog DeVito. Gracie & I enjoy walking with friends!
Gracie's new friend, DeVito

DeVito & Daisy

Television-watching is certainly limited this time of year. Not much on but we're still enjoying American Ninja Warriors and Cardinals baseball. This week and next we're also glued to Wimbledon tennis in England.

Enjoy your week and, if you have a little extra time, pop on over to LeeAnna's blog to see what's happening elsewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, look at those raspberries! And the muffins look good too. Hard to beat peanut butter and chocolate. what a cutie little kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins look yummy, and the cookies, too! Your new grand baby looks like a happy guy. Enjoy those walks - they're so good for us!

    ReplyDelete