Saturday, June 4, 2022

FNwF & RSC Dark Blues

I truly have the "blues". I sewed up the dark blue strings for my zig zag border. Trimmed them down to make my HSTs only to discover that I trimmed them down too small! Arrrrgh! So I've started making more, of course. Man, and I had high hopes that I'd have them already finished up 100% to show you today. I did get the center of the May Illusions Sampler finished. Right now it is 12-1/2". I hope to make more progress this week and get on to the June block.

May Illusions Sampler Block
Check out that dark blue! Score!

So that's my Rainbow Scrap Challenge report for this week.

For good news: I have to do a bit of cleaning up in my sewing space due to getting a new HVAC installed next week. Both the HVAC and my sewing space are in the basement. When my neighbor moved last month, she gifted me a cabinet with a few shelves and a door that closes. I told her I could probably use it for fabric. So I measured the shelves, bought a few baskets to fit, and started sorting in the basement yesterday. I plan on using the baskets for strips. I'll update you on my weekend progress.

As for Friday Night with Friends, I did manage to fit a little embroidery in. Don't know if I mentioned to you that last year or the year before (or could it have been the year before the year before? Ha!) I picked up a UFO embroidery kit from my guild for a few dollars. It included the stamped top and just about all the floss needed to complete. The original owner had barely started it.

Cover of Project

The Lion & Puppy Block Was Started.
(Oof! Do you see where the stitcher left her hoop in too long.
Yup! There's a little rust. I think it'll be OK for a donation quilt anyway.)

I Worked on the Heart Border First & Got Bored.
So I Started the Zebra & Kitty Block.

My Progress Yesterday

The Whole She-Bang!
(Check out Polly about to run through here! Haha!)

That's where I am right now. It's a great TV-watching and Take-Along project.

Wednesday I took Mom in for her Mohs surgery. The picture looks bad but she said there's not much pain. She'll be staying with us through the weekend so I can change out her bandage and keep an eye on things for her.

Teeny, Tiny Stitches From Her Eye to Her Nostril
Mom Says It Looks Worse Than It Feels.

While Mom & I were at the surgeon's, Hubby was at the dentist due to much pain & some swelling where his tooth had been extracted to get ready for a bridge. Yup! He's got an infection going and is now on antibiotics. He'll be fine in a few days but in the meantime, sleep doesn't come easy for him.

That's been my week here. Hope you have a great weekend!

Linking up with Angela @ SoScrappy for RSC and Cheryll @ GoNe StItChIn for FNwF.


10 comments:

  1. It's too bad the Mohs surgery site looks so bad afterwards because it really isn't too hard to manage, painwise. Mike had a black eye from a procedure like that over the winter. Hope your hubby feels better soon, too. That is a pretty sampler block! Hooray for new HVAC and storage for your projects. Enjoy that slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - lots of happenings at your place. Hope everyone has healed and you have been able to add more stitches to that pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had quite a week, with your Mums surgery and hubby's tooth problem! That's a lot to deal with indeed. My hubby had an abscess under a tooth a few weeks ago, that sort of pain is really bad. Hope you can do something else with the HSTs you trimmed too small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great block and embroidery. Hope the household gets to feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the block and the embroidery looks interesting too. Hope your Mum heals well & quickly. Thanks for joining in FnwF xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Illusions block - gorgeous. And the embroidery is going to be really lovely. What is a HVAC? Always good to have a bit of a sort out. Hope your patients are both recovering well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also trimmed down too much. I hate when that happens! I like embroidery more lately. It's a nice project for sitting in front of the TV! I hope your mom and husband both feel okay soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your family good health. So sorry for all your troubles. No wonder you miscut the block - you have so much on your mind.

    ReplyDelete