Thursday, June 9, 2022

I Like Thurs #75

Happy Thursday and welcome to I Like Thursday. My first like would have to be our weather. Even though we are into June, we have been relatively cool & mild. We got a nice rain last night and it filled up Rain Barrel #2. Now I really like that!

The cool weather has prevented us from really testing our new air conditioner. This awesome new one not only has a humidifier but it also has a dehumidifier. We can really use that here in the Midwest. We're really going to like that feature.

Here's a picture of Grandson #2. He's coming up on 6 weeks old and  I can't get over how much he's grown. This Grammie wishes she lived closer to really appreciate how quickly he's growing. Grandpa & I think his hands look pretty big. We think he's going to be as big as his big brother!


Brody and Jacob got to go on a lunch date with their Mommy. Chick-Fil-A has delicious waffle fries. Brody likes that! I like that Amanda sent out pictures of their outing. Too bad the play area was closed. I do NOT like that!
Mom has been healing nicely. This picture was taken on Monday. I think it shows GREAT improvement. Little to no swelling left but the shiner remains. 


I'll be seeing her Thursday. Now that she's "of a certain age", she has to drive annually for the Dept. of Motor Vehicles to keep her license. Tomorrow is her big day! If by some chance it doesn't go well, she'll still have more than a week before her license expires on her upcoming 89th birthday. Plenty of time to try again. However, I'm confident she'll do fine the first time.

That's it for me this week. I hope you'll visit Not Afraid of Color where others will be sharing things that they've liked this week.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see your Mum is improving. I really do wish we had driving tests for older people - maybe even from 70-75 years of age - Being honest - I am sure my reflexes are not what they were...Over 75 needs a medical certificate - but that really isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandson #2 is a cutie! It does look like he has big hands. So nice that your DIL sends you photos! Glad your mom is healing, and hope the driving review goes well. My mom had to give up driving a couple years ago - too many memory issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for grandkids! And your Mom is much improved. That must feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe the grands are cute. The little one does have big hands. Glad your mom is healing well. I had to look up MOHS. Hope she passes her driving test.

    ReplyDelete