Thursday, August 18, 2022

I Like Thursday #85 (Sandals)

Welcome to another addition of I Like Thursday. Isn't it fun to see what others are enjoying? Always good for some fresh ideas. Besides what I share, you can also see what others are liking as well HERE There's a list of participants towards the end of that page. Enjoy!

My week started off last Friday with shop hop hopping. There is currently an All Illinois Shop Hop going on during the months of August & September. Missouri is overlapping with an All Missouri Shop Hop from September 1 through October. Anyway, Fred volunteered to drive me around to collect the passport stamps and enjoy our beautiful state. Our first stop was to a town I'd never heard of to a quilt shop I knew nothing about. Of course our state has a town named after President Lincoln and we parked right in front of his statue. The statue commemorates the spot where Abraham Lincoln stopped on the campaign trail and was greeted by thousands arriving by train. It was a huge occasion in history!

Right across the street from the statue & municipal building was Indigo Quilt Studio. We were greeted by Heather. I immediately knew this was a quilt store to remember. She had more fabrics from different companies and designers than I'm accustomed to in my local area, She also had a lot of fun novelty prints that are more difficult to find around me as well.

Just around the corner to the left you can see red umbrellas. That was a local bar/eatery called Alley-Bi and Fred found it for lunch. We enjoyed very good hamburgers there. We need to return to Lincoln again because I hear there's also a wonderful local ice cream shop but we were looking for lunch this time.

Travel time to Lincoln was 1 hour 45 minutes so we made our way home catching two other shops. One was in Springfield called Sew Sweet Quilt Shop and then Piece & Applique in Rochester, just south of Springfield. Sew Sweet was very nice and she does a lot of long arm quilting for her customers. She has a separate shop located in Jacksonville IL and I'm thinking she probably has more fabrics there.

I'm familiar with Piece & Applique. That's where I bought my first Bernina! I really like that shop. There's a candy/ice cream shop two doors down that we managed to visit for our ride the rest of the way home. All in all, I liked my day out and we even made it home in time for Jeopardy! Now, I really like that!! *wink*

Earlier that morning, I smelled a sweet, familiar smell. The honeysuckle was reblooming. Probably due to the rain and cooler temperatures we've been having lately. I like the nicer weather and I really like the smell of honeysuckle.

I made peach ice cream over the weekend. It was OK but the peaches were good!

Our leader has given us the prompt this week of our favorite sandals. Anybody that knows me knows that I pretty much only wear Birkenstocks. Doesn't matter to me if they're between the toes or not. I have the usual white pair, tan pair, brown pair. I also have blue patent leather ones, a beautiful green pair, a lovely floral pair, a wild pink pair. Of course when winter arrives I even have Birkenstock clogs -- my usual black pair and also a maroon wool pair with little sheep and a rawhide looking pair with sherpa lining. I could be in a Birkenstock commercial, couldn't I? Hahahaha! Here's a picture of my shoe rack.

I'll leave you on that note, scratching your head over my Birkenstock obsession. It's not really an obsession though -- it's just that they accommodate my very wide feet. Also they have a good, hard arch which is a necessity ever since I had plantar fasciotomy.

Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Your shop hop day sounds fun! I enjoy visiting new quilt shops, and you may even find one you'll go back to! Peach ice cream sounds yummy. We had sliced peaches over vanilla ice cream the other day, but I haven't made ice cream with peaches in it before. Do you have an ice cream maker? That's a great smorgasbord of Birkenstocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. squeal! all those birks! I love birks in winter, the clog style but haven't gotten lined ones. Ahhhhhhh jealous of your shop hop experience LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun trip. LOL - I love your collection of Birkenstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s quite the shoe collection! I have a much smaller collection of Naot sandals.
    I was in Piece and Appliqué in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last comment from Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete