Thursday, August 25, 2022

I Like Thursday #86

I Like Thursday has arrived once again without fail and I'm starting it off with my finished Twistie quilt. You can read all about it HERE but let's just say I love it. The pattern was fun although I must admit 80 blocks almost did me in! Haha! I draped it across a lounge chair with another one of my likes:  the Limelight hydrangea. It is so full of heavy blooms that the branches droop -- some all the way to the ground! The blooms start off with a green tint, turning whitish, then fade to a pink. It probably towers 12 feet high!

Last Saturday when Gracie and I took our morning walk, I noticed A LOT of bikes! There were a lot of different colored arrows stuck along the trail too. Then I spied this sign and realized the reason behind all the activity. I liked the reason for the crowded trail.
Forty mile route with the green arrows marking the way? I'll pass, thank you, but you all go ahead and enjoy the ride! Haha! It was a nice day though for a bike ride.

Fred & I had already seen "Top Gun: Maverick" and enjoyed it very much. This past Tuesday we took Mom to see it. Her hairdresser told her how good it was too so she was wanting to see it for herself. She was WOWed by it! Hahaha!

I bought the tickets through my movie membership so we didn't even have to wait in line. We also got our "Members Only" free popcorn. Mom really liked that! We plan on going to see "Where the Crawdads Sing" next. Mom & I read the book and loved it. We're planning on taking Mom's neighbor too because she also enjoyed the book. You can't hardly beat $5 tickets and free popcorn now, can you?
Speaking of books, I'm currently reading "The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" by Stuart Turton. This is one strange book. I'll finish it because my daughter recommended it to me. I'm still undecided about whether I like it or not. Guess I must like it though because I keep wanting to read more! You can read about it HERE on Goodreads.

As for our prompt this week from our fearless leader: relate a place where you take an annual summer vacation or attend a summer event. This was a hard one for me because we don't have "usual" anythings planned for summer. Every Spring & Fall we make the trek to the East Coast to visit family but nothing in the summer. I guess I'd have to go back in time to visiting the Lake of the Ozarks as a kid. Dad came home with a boat one year. He named it SuJoLi for his three children: Sue (me), John (brother), and Linda (sister). We went most every summer after and we all learned to water ski and drive the boat. It wasn't anything extravagant with only a little 35 or 40 horsepower motor. We had rules we had to follow too. We weren't allowed to go over 20mph if we were pulling a skier! I'm not sure the boat could go much faster than 25 or 30mph anyway. Haha! And I have to admit that the water is hard if you fall, even at only 18mph! 

The lake was beautiful early in the mornings. The water was so calm it was like skiing across glass. We'd see fish, deer, turtles, and plenty of other wildlife. It sure brings back wonderful memories, for sure.

I hope you enjoyed this trip down Memory Lane and found something to amuse yourself. Stay tuned next week for more likes and another "summer prompt" from LeeAnna. You can always find more fun stuff with the other I Likers HERE.

3 comments:

  1. your boating memory made me remember learning to ski on my sister's lake in Florida. Getting up was my goal, I did it and never had to do it again. Knowing the lake held gators kind of turned me off.
    summer ritual doesn't always mean vacation spot... it can be some place you only go in summer, a favorite festival, or in our quilter's world a shop hop! That's usually in summer right? How I miss those. Grilling on the deck and eating out on a table as you swat at bugs. Watermelon dripping off your hands. Talking to friends or mate over a glass of wine watching the sun go down...
    life is made of the small moments right? ritual is born of repetition of the moments. Thanks for making me think this morning!!!
    I so enjoy your posts and am happy you're here!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared the link to your Twisties finish - somehow I missed that one. That hydrangea looks amazing! We've heard that both of those movies are good - I did enjoy the Crawdads book, too. Your summer water skiing adventures sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your quilt. I keep hearing good things about the latest Top Gun movie - I'll need to see it at some point! I could never figure out how to stay up on water skis. Always wiped out.

    ReplyDelete