Saturday, May 20, 2023

FNSI & RSC Orange Progress!

Angela has chosen ORANGE as our color for May in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am thrilled to share with you the orange pineapples I made over the past week.

Four Orange Pineapples

I also have a Chubby Charmer tote that I can share today. I'd hinted at it last month but couldn't show pictures since it was a gift. It has now been officially gifted! Check out all that orange!

Summer Chubby Charmer

Gifted to Sarah

Last month's chosen color PURPLE was a bust due to so much travel and the prep that goes with it. Since I finished up my orange pineapples, I thought it was a good idea to play catch-up with the purple pineapples. Progress was made there also.

Just Need to Make & Attach the Tops

Last night was Friday Night Sew-In with my global sewing friends. I made progress on my cross- stitch project called Spring Stamps. It was a freebie offered by my good friend Melisa at Pinker 'n Punkin' Quilting. You can see what happened across the globe HERE at Wendy's Sugarlane Designs blog.

Making Progress!

Yesterday was Sarah's last day with us. No one wants to have a super busy day the day before they're going to drive 13 hours home and especially not after a 4-day work conference. We made the most of it by going to Grafton's River Dock for lunch. We enjoyed watching the barges go up the Mississippi River while we ate & chatted and left before the rain arrived. The waitress offered to take our picture and we accepted.

Our Gang
Look at My Orange Shirt!

As always, we had a great visit with our daughter. The Chihuly art at the Botanical Garden was fun and lunch on the river was a relaxing last day. Polly will be able to breathe a little easier once she realizes the "houseguests" have departed, although Gracie will be looking for her "friends" for several days to come.

Jake
Penny, the Polly-Stalker

Safe travels to this happy family.

Linking with Angela and the other scrappy quilters at So Scrappy. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Your tote is sure to be loved and your pineapples look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pineapple blocks are wonderful. Such a terrific shape to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice place to have lunch. Love those pineapple blocks! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on your orange pineapples and a very smart bag. The purples are coming along nicely and your stamps. Alwyas good to have family visit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pineapples are looking great, and that's a pretty tote, too! I bet it is a well-loved gift. Sitting by the Mississippi River for lunch sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I spied Chihuly's work in your header image. What a perfect way to introduce orange and share your outing. Those pineapple blocks are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pineapple blocks - greet time spent with your daughter.

    I am intrigued by your header - but reading the previous comment - now I understand.

    ReplyDelete