Sunday, May 5, 2024

May RSC is PINK!

In case you couldn't tell by my new header picture and overall color of my blog, May's Rainbow Scrap Challenge is pink. I only just learned the new color when I read Angela's post yesterday and knew I'd better get my blog updated. How do you like those peonies? Gracie and I found them on our walk this morning. 

I apologize for getting so far behind but my sister came up from Texas for a visit. So busy and so much fun! While she was here, she took care of Mom & Polly (Gracie was kenneled) so hubby & I could take off for a 5-day Cousins Reunion which was held at a lodge at Lake Guntersville State Park, Alabama. It was a peaceful, beautiful location. Look at the view from our patio!


Here are also a few pictures of the gang.
All the cousins and their spouses

The cousins that were able to attend

The spouses that were able to attend


The group representing the FEHoover Family

After returning home, my sister was able to spend a few more days with us before driving south again. Of those last days, she and I managed to escape to a LQS to spend two days sewing, chatting, laughing, and catching up on anything and everything. Each late afternoon, we returned home to fix dinner and share company with Mom & Fred.

So now that you're all caught up with the social part of my current life, let's see what I've manage to sew. One thing I can tell you is that I sewed up another gift that needs to be shipped out. Until then, there's no picture and you'll just have to take my word for it. Ha! Red Threads embroidery blocks have progressed though.
Plus two more blocks were completed for the Lori Holt "Vintage Christmas" SAL at my local quilt shop.
A Christmas Present

The Drum
While I got another week behind on the Twilight Stars QAL, I did manage to knock out a non-current week. Two more stars to add to the growing pile.

And there was also progress made on my EPP project.

I'm sure this will come as no surprise but .... I started another project. It was a SAL with Gundrun Erla. The pattern is Strips & Nachos. I believe I mentioned it in an earlier post but now sewing has begun.

While Linda was here, we started a jigsaw puzzle together. It's 1000 pieces and has been proving quite challenging.
Mom & I enjoyed the Kentucky Derby yesterday. What a wonderful photo-finish to commemorate the 150th Kentucky Derby! Thank you for our hats goes to our used-to-be neighbor Karla and thank you goes to my BFF Vickie for visiting Churchill Downs and gifting me official cups for our mint juleps!

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend. I think today we'll be loving no rain here for a change. Maybe I'll get those daffodil bulbs I swiped from Mom's house planted in my own yard today ... before the next expected rain!

Sharing with Angela and the other RSC quilters at SoScrappy and also with Cheryll and others on Friday Night with Friends!


5 comments:

  1. Great progress on all your projects. Great puzzle too. We always have a puzzle in the go. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event to do with the cousins, and looks like a beautiful place for it, too! Glad you were able to spend time with your sister as well. Your projects are looking good - those Twilight Stars are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youve had a wonderful family time indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy time and a great trip. Lovely view. How you found time to sew I don't know! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful peony! So fun that you got to enjoy your family. Love your star blocks!

    ReplyDelete