Saturday, May 11, 2024

Week #2 of RSC Pink

Happy Mother's Day weekend! I hope you are able to enjoy it with your children and/or mother. We've been having beautiful weather here in southern IL and our trees and flowers have been putting on a show. I love this time of year.

First I would like to share with you a puzzle I started while my sister was visiting. I got it from my daughter and all 1000 pieces were challenging. So, thank you, dear daughter, it was a good one. And look, everyone, there's plenty of pink in it!


Looking at this puzzle is reminding me to share with you a picture of a hungry hawk. I caught him waiting for lunch by my bird feeder while sitting on the deck stair rail. Isn't he gorgeous??! (Pardon the fuzzy picture taken through the screen.)


And speaking of hungry, our little Jacob is very fond of ice cream. Turn up your volume to really appreciate how happy he is that his daddy is going to make some ice cream for him. This video just tickles me so much!!


Ok, back to the sewing room. I finished up two Red Threads blocks. I love the butterfly and it was a joy to stitch.



I've also been working away on Strips & Nachos by GEDesign. I think I may even get the top finished before Memorial Day! I managed to show a little pink off too!


"What Happened to the Bennetts?" is in the Already Read category now. Lisa Scottoline is a wonderful author and she did it again. This book is a real page-turner. If you're interested, you can get the GoodReads synopsis HERE.


Since I finished that book and, per my CloudLibrary app, I had 20 more days until I can check out "The Frozen River" by Ariel Lawhon, I went back and picked up "Something to Hide" by Deborah Moggach. Let's just say that by the time I reached page 50 I was hooked. It's got interesting situations going on all over the world and I just know it's all going to get tied up together. I'll keep reading to find out how!

GoodReads synopsis HERE

That's what's been happening around here this past week. Time to get Gracie out for a walk. Have a great weekend!

Sharing with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters through Angela's SoScrappy blog.

PS I'm covered in pink calamine lotion (Ivarest, actually, which is a blend of calamine lotion and benadryl) due to the horrible pink poison ivy rash I've got going on. UCK but at least it's consistent with this month's color! Also seemingly effective on poison ivy is this:

And now I think it's time for another benadyl tablet. Night, night!

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that's too bad about the poison ivy! Hope it doesn't last too long, Susie. That looks like a great puzzle to work on with your sister! Love the Strips and Nachos design - it will be fun to see how that all goes together. I really liked What Happened to the Bennetts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puzzle looks like a challenge. Pretty stitchery blocks and table topper. Who is not fond of ice cream?! lol Sorry about the poison ivy rash, hope you are feeling better by now. I'm currently reading 'Sister' by Rosamund Lupton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puzzle looks like a real test! Good to see the hawk so closely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had two run ins with poison ivy…not fun! Love your puzzle. I loved The Frozen River! Beautiful embroidery and quilt top in progress. Enjoy your day. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah little Jacob was so excited! How darling! Looks like a fabulous puzzle and a good challenge. I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully, calamine lotion will do the trick. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love seeing your star blocks. The puzzle looks very challenging. I just finished the Frozen River yesterday! So much happening in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful puzzle you worked on.
    Lovely stitcheries and table runner.
    Such a cute video of your GS.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice video. Thanks.
    Mother's Day was wonderful... Visit of the children with a large bouquet of flowers and a wonderful tour outside including good food, drink and joyful chatting.
    Great puzzle you made... so colorful... we also have Falken and Milan here. It's nice to watch the birds.
    Your embroidery is fantastic.
    Many greetings to you... Pentecost is approaching - we are looking forward to it.
    Hug Viola

    ReplyDelete