Saturday, June 22, 2024

Blues, Browns, & Tumblers!

I've been trying to catch up on all things quilting, including this blog. I was absent due to a trip to be with Brody on his 5th birthday and then a couple days later my niece for a bridal shower. You can catch up on those events HERE if you like but I warn you -- it is very picture heavy.

Since this is my quilty blog, let's get down to business. Working on my Red Threads (which I'm doing in brown), my latest ones are shown below.






Last night was Friday Night Sew In with Wendy & Friends. I traced out a couple more Red Threads blocks and got to work on one. Here's my progress from yesterday.


I'm still working on pineapple blocks and trying to keep up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Any shade of blue was selected for June's activities so here we are. I need to dig through my green scraps and get the tops sewn on these pineapples. I think they turning out pretty good!


My friend Sharon & I go to an AccuQuilt Club monthly and it was suggested we make Tumbler Flags using our dies. Let me just say that these tumblers went together beautifully! I'm just about finished with the quilting on this project and then I'll need to sew on the binding. I think I'll have it finished by Club meeting this Thursday, don't you?
The Stars were Fussy-Cut

There is also a block that I'll need to make for the exchange and that should also go together in a snap.

We are hot, hot, hot here in the St. Louis area. I know we are not the only region suffering from the heat but, really, it's a super chore to walk the dog in the mornings. Looking forward to some relief one day ....

Linking up with Wendy at Sugarlane Designs to see how everyone's Friday Night Sew In went. Then on to Angela at SoScrappy to see how my Blues Sisters are doing with their RSC projects!




7 comments:

  1. Your Red Threads project is pretty in brown! I like the sunflower block especially. Looks like the pineapples will be fun in blue, too! Stay cool, Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had the heat yet this summer here in SD, but did just have 2 days of torrential rain. So now this whole area is dealing with flooding, washed out roads, etc. The Tumbler Flag project looks like a fun one. And of course I always love seeing those curvy pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "red" work is impeccable. Is there are story behind the young boy image? I would love to hear it if there is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to little Brody. You have been staying super busy. Love the embroidery blocks that you are working on - so many details. Aaah your Pineapple blocks- just gorgeous. A tumbler flag quilt- what an awesome idea! Have a great weekend, Susie and Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroideries are looking lovely and your blue pineapples coming along nicely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your red/brown stitcheries are looking good...always love the pineapples...even if they are topless for now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went back to see your scrappy pineapples and love this idea. I started with a similar idea in January but have not kept up. Now I am re-inspired

    ReplyDelete