Saturday, June 29, 2024

So Ends RSC Blue for June -- AND A FINISH!!

As the end of June is almost here, it's time for a bit of a wrap-up for the month of June. Angela chose BLUES for our Rainbow Scrap Color for the month and that meant time to pull out Rainbow Pineapple blocks, a quilt I started in 2023. Here are the three pineapple blocks I managed this month.
Three Blue Pineapple Blocks for June 2024


Close-Up Picture
I thought it might be fun to see what all of my 2024 blocks look like together.
A Field of Happy, Scrappy Pineapples!

Red Threads SAL has been progressing. Here are the embroidery blocks I completed this week.
Sweet Wren

More Wheat! Ack!

You may recall I won a Go! Baby AccuQuilt Cutter in 2022. I then decided to join the AccuQuilt Club at my LQS to learn about my "new toy". This past month, for Summer and all the Patriotic Holidays during Summer, it was suggested we make the Tumbler Flag using whatever size tumbler we have. Well, a 4-1/2" tumbler was included with the Go! Baby so that's what I used. Of course, I went scrappy. It turned out a bit larger than I anticipated. The pattern says it finishes at 28" x 48".
Scrappy Patriotic Tumbler Flag - 28x48

Some of the Free-Motion Quilting Done
on My Domestic Machine

Some of the Scrappy Reds & Whites


Had Some Stars Fabric in My Stash
Extra Tumblers were Made From a
Denim-Colored FQ Won in a Drawing

Leftover Gray Backing Fabric Worked Great
with Some Stars Printed in the Background


So see!!?? I got a finish! I got a finish! Yay me!!!! This sweet quilt will hang in the hallway until after Labor Day. (The blue field of stars keeps with the June RSC theme! *wink*)

Wishing you a terrific final June weekend. We've had a bit of rain here in the St. Louis area and a little cooler temps lately. Hopefully the weather will be cool enough for some greatly missed cook-outs in the near future!

Linking up with all the Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters on Angela's blog, SoScrappy.

8 comments:

  1. Your rainbow of pineapples is fun as can be, Susie! And I love your tumbler flag. Looks like it went together really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how easily that tumbler flag went together. It was a super fun project! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yes, that is a gorgeous finish, Susie. And I'm in awe of your pineapple blocks there altogether. I can't look at them too long because it makes me want to make some too, sigh. I love seeing the embroideries...very special. Happy continued stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn. While I'm loving the pineapple blocks, I'll be glad when I've made my 60. Slowly but surely I'm getting there!

      Delete
  3. What a fun pattern! The tumblers make it look like the stripes are waving in the wind. Such a fun way to put your new toy to good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love my tumbler flag and I've been showing it off at every show 'n' tell I can! Lol! Hope you made some good progress on your hexies over this weekend!

      Delete
  4. Ooh! I really like your tumbler flag wall hanging. My AccuQuilt cutter came with a flying geese die. I need to find a pattern I like so I can use it. Is your pineapple block pattern commercially available? Could you share the name and designer! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. The pineapple pattern I'm basing my quilt on is Mod Pineapples. It is a QCR quilt -- Quick Curve Ruler. I bought the ruler years ago and now they have a mini one too. My friend bought that one for me. They are super easy to use and the directions are pretty clear, although I can botch up even the easiest patterns! Lol!

      Delete