Thursday, July 18, 2024

I Like Thursday #149

Happy Thursday and let me share with you some things I've "liked" over the week. First of all I'm happy to see the sun shine again. Tuesday we had torrential rain for most of the day. Although my backyard rain gauge measured only 4.25", nearby Scott AFB received 6.1"!!! Roads were flooded everywhere, the base closed down, and a close town's dam broke and flooded houses. So ... I am grateful for sunshine! I also need to add that I love my rain gauges from my daughter and SIL.

I'm still enjoy reading "The Women" but, WARNING: there are some very tough spots to read. I'm under 100 pages to go and will let you know overall how I liked the book next week.

Last Thursday was Sr. Center Luncheon day and we enjoyed our bratwurst and sauerkraut meal. Ice cream sandwiches were passed out afterwards for dessert! Yippee! I love ice cream anything! Our entertainment was Elizabeth Lakamp after lunch and boy is she fun. Energetic, vivacious, and happy! We are even encouraged to sing along with her. Mom really loves it.


On our walk the other day, Gracie spied something ....

Gracie Found a Toad

This past week in the backyard, Gracie found a mole too. Let's just say that with Hubby's help, that will be one less mole digging through our yard. Good dog!

Our prompt this week was have we ever been to a summer outdoor play or concert. Yes to both. Back in my high school days, I went a couple of times to the MRF (Mississippi River Festival) to hear music at the Southern Illinois University campus in Edwardsville. St. Louis also has an outdoor theater with plays performed outdoors. It's all nice but our weather can be brutal in the summer with heat & humidity. It's a weather-timing thing here if you will have a good time vs a GREAT time.

I hope you've had a good week. Later today I'm getting the post put in my mouth for an implant. We'll see how that goes. I already have one but got it quite some time ago so I don't really remember much. I think I might be "uncomfortable" for 12 - 24 hours. Oh well, it'll be better in the long run!

I'm sharing this post with my friends and LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.

1 comment:

  1. Rain is good, but not too much rain! You could send some our way. The senior lunch and entertainment sounds fun! Hope you had a good day, and not too much discomfort from the procedure.

    ReplyDelete