Thursday, September 12, 2024

I Like Thursday #155

Hello! Today is Thursday and that means it's time for a group of us to share all things fun, funny, or just plain fantastic with other blog readers. I hope you find something here that strikes your fancy. If you'd like to read what others may be sharing, head over to LeeAnna's blog and enjoy right HERE.

I finished my book "Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Journey". It was quite an interesting tale. Would I normally have picked this book out? No. Would I recommend this book? Not necessarily. It was OK and I enjoyed most of it. I read this book on the recommendation of my daughter.


I have recently started "The Lost" by Claire McGowan. It should be a more-usual book for me to read since it's a thriller/mystery. The author is Irish and the story takes place in Ireland. This makes some of the book hard for me to understand in places because of the dialog. Oh well, I'm at least getting the jist of story. 
GoodReads Synopsis
My friend left this morning -- not a part of the Likes! -- but I have a couple of pictures of her teacup yorkie Daisy.
Daisy Loved Mom

Daisy Goes Where Vickie Goes

I made a peach pie from SC peaches Vickie brought with her. I just used the recipe from AllRecipes. I let Pillsbury do the work of the crusts for me.

Here's a recipe I got for Cherry Pie Bars from my friend Treva at the last sleep-in-your-bed retreat. It was DELICIOUS!


I'm sure there was a prompt but, due to the usual busy-ness plus company coming through, I'm a bit behind on emails not to mention blog reading. I apologize for not being 100% current but that's life!

I hope you have a great weekend planned. We are expecting rain from Hurricane Francine. Sounds like there could be some sewing time for me!!

4 comments:

  1. I think Shackleton's story is quite amazing! We taught an Antarctica unit in 5th grade, and I learned about him through that. Sounds fun to have your friend and her cute little dog visit, too! Yum on the peach pie - that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shackleton's voyage was quite an adventure. I like cold but that was a bit too much chill for me! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Daisy is a cutie! That peach pie looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Pie is always good -- especially for breakfast with coffee! Lol! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete