Saturday, March 16, 2019

Bloomers, Tiny Tueday, & FNSI!!

Earlier this week I managed to finish up a couple more blocks for the Bloom SAL. I believe they're blocks 7 and 8. So far not doing too bad keeping up with the rest of the gals sewing with Cheryll at GoNe StItChInG.
Block 7

Block 8
As you can probably tell, block 7 stitched up WAY more quickly than block 8 but I think they both turned out cute. Notice I took the picture this time with all the beds in block 8 positioned correctly!

Friday Night Sew In worked out perfectly for me. I sat back in the recliner and listened in on sports since the MOTH (man-of-the-house) kept tight control of the remote last night. Lol! I had already made quite a bit of progress on my cross-stitch project earlier this week and I got even more done last night.
Before last night's FBSI

Right before shutting down
As you can see, I finished up the right hand side of the tree and also the rabbit hole. Might not look like much but that's a whole lot of Xs! Thank you, Wendy, for hosting this lovely, monthly party! Head on over to Sugarlane to see what the other 21 stitchers got done. We came from all over -- USA, Europe, and of course Australia!!

I'll also be linking up larter this morning with Em at So Scrappy to show off my Tiny Tuesday block from this week. Don't know what's wrong with me. Woke up at 1:44am, tossed and turned until pushing 4am, then decided enough was enough. Crept downstairs, put on a pot of coffee, and stitched up this little cutie.
Wonky Long Cabin
The colors don't show up so good but each and every fabric is green. Have I mentioned how much fun I've been having with these and how much I look forward to Tuesdays?

No pictures but I sewed dresden petals for the Merry Christmas SAL as leaders & enders to the Tiny Tuesday block so more progress was made on that front. The binding for the ABC quilt also got cut and stitched together.

My hands have been busy in so many pots lately. You think that might be why I can't sleep? Haha!! I'll probably snooze through the NC State softball game this afternoon. Game time is 1pm CDST. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Your Bloom blocks are looking good! You are right, number 7 was much quicker to complete than number 8. So many pieces in number 8!

    I'm very interested to see your cross stitching, as just this week I have started doing some. And I have learned that counting is not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Vireya, I hate to tell you but counting is crucial in cross stitch! Lol!

      Delete
  2. I love your blocks too. They are so pretty.
    The wonky block is cool too. Thanks for sharing at our BLooMeRs party... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice variety of GREEN scraps in your TT Wonky Log Cabin block for the RSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress with your cross stitch on Friday night. Love those wonky blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Susie beautiful work i love those blocks,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your blocks are lovely and great progress on your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such tiny stitches... the cross stitch is going to be lovely. I do love those pretty bloom flowers too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely cross stitch - sport is a great excuse to sew...personally I don't watch any sport - I go sew instead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susie beautiful work my friend,its always lovely to see your beautiful work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bloom blocks are beautiful! Thanks for sharing all your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice progress on the cross stitch for FNSI

    ReplyDelete