Monday, March 4, 2019

Frigid COLD!

This morning it was 4 degrees with a windchill of -11. Brrrrrr!!!! Yesterday we received about 3" of snow and have now surpassed 2 feet of snow total for the year. To keep it in perspective, our weather folks have told us last year's total was barely 7" and our normal is 18". As if that isn't enough to set your teeth to chattering, we're supposed to get more snow towards the end of the week! Of course, that's a "long-range forecast" so it will probably *hopefully* change. In the meantime, here are a couple of picture of the view from my deck this morning. Yes, pretty. Yes, cold!!!!



On to the sewing report, my Bloom SAL has picked up again. I must confess that it was largely due to the Bloomer Party on Saturday. I still had only 6 blocks completed so I set about to prep a few.
I actually traced all the pieces for the next 6 blocks and then managed to pick out fabrics for two  of them before my mother arrived for the weekend. Time to set aside again.

The next morning while everyone slept I sewed my pieces and later turned them right side out. Ironed them in place to the backgrounds and worked on them that afternoon into the evening. I finished this one while watching my niece play softball in Raleigh, NC at NC State University. Did I mention that I love that we can stream in her games???? Here's my girl iced up after one of her games.
At the end of last night, I finished this Bloomer .....
 and had a good start on this one.
I should have taken this picture with the green bed of the pink petal on the top. I fussy-cut the beds so they would all be positioned correctly in the finished quilt. I'll probably forget all about this when I assemble! Hahaha!

I managed to finish a few other things this week. First up was my string block with Rainbow Scrap Challenge. February was yellow.
Red meets yellow. I love both blocks and LOVE the gray hourglass formed between them!!
The Merry Christmas SAL is finishing up the embroidery blocks. Here's a picture of my finished block for week #4. Wonder if we'll be starting the piecing or the applique this week??!!
And last but not least, the cross stitch project has made a bit of progress. The bunny quilt is just about finished, the ladder to the right is finished and needs the tree next to it, and the bunnies at the bottom left have been started. I know they're hard to see because they're white but you might be able to see the pink in the ears and the cheeks!
It's the start of a new month and RSC is green. Prepare yourself for green blocks -- right after I finish the last of the yellow Tiny Tuesday blocks!
Have a great week!

Linking up with Movin' It Forward and Bloom SAL

3 comments:

  1. Your Bloom blocks look lovely! All your other projects look good too.

    I've been complaining about the heat here, but I don't think I could handle that cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you managed to work on your BLooM blocks. Well done xox

    ReplyDelete