Friday, March 15, 2019

String Class and FNSI

Tonight is FNSI -- Friday Night Sew In. So far there are 20 -- count 'em 20! -- of us that will be sitting back, cyber-stitching together. It's not too late to sign up, go HERE and add your name. Then, later this weekend, go back and check out everyone's progress through their posts. It's an amazingly talented group of quilters and so much fun.

Speaking of fun and talent, Tuesday night was our guild's monthly meeting and we had Teajuana Moore of Tea Quilts visit us with her lecture and trunk show. Oh boy! Was she fun!!! So many beautiful quilts with Tuesday night's show focused on string quilts.

On Wednesday I was able to attend Teajuana's class with a great group of ladies. We started sewing scrappy string blocks, added background corner squares, and then did a bit of partial seaming. Everyone EVENTUALLY got one block done and someone actually got four finished before packing up the sewing machines. Here's a "group" picture of the blocks. Pretty, huh?
This morning Gracie & I took our daily walk. It was so nice outside this morning -- 40 degrees, cloudy, & windy. Not too cold for me, not too hot for Gracie! We ended up going 2.8 miles which is quite the distance for the pooch. When we returned, we filled the bird feeders and took a check on the garden. Well, I'll be (say that in your best Gomer Pyle voice!). I knew I had greenery poking through but today I saw official buds!
Daffodils - Must be the minis since they bloom first every year
 
Hyacinths to the right of the front porch

Hyacinths to the left of the front porch.
Now back to the game at hand. Watching NC State vs Virginia Tech softball. Go, Wolf Pack!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh - I should join in on FNSI this month since I am actually at home on Friday for a change! Looks like the workshop was fun. enjoy your stitching tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was TOTALLY thinking that her lecture was right up your alley! The blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete