Monday, March 11, 2019

Happy Monday!

The sun has finally peeked out this afternoon and makes me happy. I've been lazy due to the time change and I can't keep up with keeping meals on time. Dinner last night was at 7:15! Ugh!

I managed to finish my string-a-long block for this month. I tied it in with RSC's (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) color of the month - green! It's a beauty -- can you tell green is my favorite color? Haha!
I added it to January's & February's blocks here. Looking good ... except I just now noticed I need to spin the red block a quarter turn to make the nice hourglass block like between the yellow and green blocks.
This weekend I also managed to play catch-up with Tiny Tuesday. Somehow I fell behind a week and then a new block was introduced this past Tuesday. Here are the two completed blocks. I'm so ready for tomorrow when we get another one!

The yellow block was the last Tuesday in February. March's color was announced to be green and the 2nd block shown is for the first Tuesday in March. It's called Multiply. There's a tiny 4-patch in the bottom corner which measures 1-5/8". It became a square in the medium 4-patch which squared up to 2-1/2". It then also became a square in the large 4-patch which measures 4-1/2". Whew! Did you follow all that??!!??? Anyway just notice that there is more going on then a simple 4-patch, ok?

I've got a busy week coming up as Tuesday is guild meeting and I need to run off more publicity flyers for our upcoming quilt show. I also started trying to figure out which quilts I want to enter into the show. It's important to get my entries turned in to the registration committee. I also need to sew up five dresden plates for the Merry Christmas SAL. Wednesday will be here before I know it and there will be another assignment. I signed up for an all-day class on Wednesday so that day will be shot as far as "necessary" sewing is concerned. However, it ought to be a fun day so I'll be blowing off my commitments that day! We all need to do that every now and then, right?

For a change of pace, I think I'll advance my cross-stitch tonight. Enjoy your week!

Linking up with Em at Movin' It Forward
and Lori at Humble Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Love your RSC blocks Susie! What a great way to use up small pieces that are too cute to get rid off... great work my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your strings. Where did you get the pattern. Looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pattern is on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog under the Free Tab. It's very fun.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you are all caught up. Some fun sewing is happening

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your strings and the terrific way you are using all one color family for each block. Our snow has finally melted and it is nice to see some GREEN here in Central Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you are doing your string blocks! I thought that was a Bonnie pattern. I am doing the Tiny Tuesday blocks too. They have been fun!

    ReplyDelete