Monday, February 25, 2019

Trying to Move It Forward

Did my best to move a few projects forward this past weekend ....

Starting with Little Letters. Trying to decide am I finished and will start quilting it or add a background border before the binding goes on. Ah, decisions, decisions.
Turned out awfully cute, didn't it??

I also managed to get my Tiny Tuesday block mostly done. Needs the corner pieces to set it on point. Finished the tiny, scrappy flower this morning. Cutting it close since tomorrow will bring a new challenge!
While finishing the Little Letters quilt and this tiny 4" flower block, I made progress on my String-X.
And because I need handwork, I made some progress on the Hospital Sketches SAL with Barbara Brackman's Civil War blog.
Did I mention that the fabrics are from her Moda line of The Morris Jewels? I won a layer cake from her quite some time ago and thought, "Aha! Perfect project for this layer cake!" I found the background and the "circle" fabric in my stash but the rest is Barbara's.

Over yesterday and this morning, we've really enjoyed NC State softball. We're able to stream the Watch ESPN app to the TV and catch my niece's games. This weekend they beat Murray State twice and UMBC once. Every so often the camera pans through the fans and we've even caught glimpses of my brother & sister-in-law rooting on their daughter! Go, Wolf Pack!

We're enjoying sunshine today but it's still cold outside, only in the 30s. Forecast calls for the return of winter this weekend. What??!!!???

Linking up with Em at Movin' It Forward. Enjoy your day wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Hospital Sketches block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering if I can fit the hospital sketches into my timetable too! So tempted, and I do like the fabrics you are using. Little letters is very cute - and I love your tiny Tuesday block too.

    ReplyDelete