Saturday, February 23, 2019

Should've Been Getting My Yellow On!

Instead, I was working on a bit of this and a bit of that. Even the cross-stitch project was put aside this week. Oh well ....

I did manage to get embroidery blocks 2 & 3 done on the Merry Christmas SAL after a nice phone call last night from my son and his wife to wish me a happy birthday. Finished #3 while plopped in the recliner "watching TV". Yes, well, there wasn't anything on last night that I really wanted to watch and the hubby was content plucking along on his laptop and listening to a hockey game. Here are the finished blocks already posted to the FB group.
#2

#3
I'm happy to have a reprieve this weekend on this project since the next block doesn't come out until Wednesday.

Also this Wednesday, Barbarba Brackman's 2nd block for the Hospital Sketches QAL will be posted. I'm not finished with the first one so I guess this weekend will be catch-up time for me.
Can you tell there are a few missing pieces??? Hahaha! The upper right bloom hasn't even been completed yet and there are flowers and leaves yet to go.

My RSC Yellow has sat back a bit. However, I did get a little done. The first of four strips for the yellow String-X block was completed. Will be linking up with Em for Scrappy Saturday here.
But do you see that R? That's what has kept me busy. My Little Letters quilt! I managed to get two rows sashed and put together before my daughter called me to wish me a happy birthday.
So adorable!!! And I was working on the next row here ....
The fabrics are actually more dazzling in real life. What can I tell you except it's been pretty gray around here lately so pictures leave a little to be desired.

A little foodie note: On Thursday I made myself a couple of "road truck" tacos for my birthday brunch. So delicious!
And my baby Gracie went to the vet this week for her annual check-up and she weighed in at over 70#! Just like daughter Sarah predicted!!
Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. you've been busy. The little letters are wonderful.Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have lots of needlework to keep you quite busy. :) Wow - Gracie is quite a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Little Letters quilt! Letters are on my to-do list also! Great job, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to have lots of different projects to work on! I really like the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SEW glad that you found time to do a little YELLOW sewing for the RSC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is yellow in the birthday tacos! Happy belated birthday. You have quite a few fun projects moving along at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Your letter blocks are so cute. I think you and your husband watch TV like we do. My husband has one eye on the TV and the other on his laptop. I sort of listen while doing whatever handwork strikes my fancy. A companionable way to pass time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many nice projects to work on! Love the letter blocks! Happy Birthday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete