Saturday, January 4, 2020

Friday Night with Friends

The  hubbub is dying down. My brother, his wife, and three college-aged children left around 5pm this evening. Here we all are for one last pose.
That's my mother in the middle and my husband & me on the right. We had so much fun playing Parcheesi this Christmas break!

Since the holidays are definitely winding down, I thought I'd take advantage of Cheryll's invitation to the first Friday Night with Friends tonight. I have decided to tackle Afternoon Delight by Sue Garmen. It's the BOM on The Quilt Show and there are four applique blocks to be done this month and two pieced ones. I decided to start the first applique block, which I discovered is actually block number two. Wouldn't you know! Hahaha!
Not a lot accomplished but it felt good to stretch out on the couch with my feet up. Mom was playing Solitaire on her tablet, Fred was playing something on his, and we were all enjoying new programs on TV. I think we were mostly enjoying the quiet of each other's company.

Enjoying the peace & quiet and hope you can find some calm after the holidays too!

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a busy and enjoyable holiday break. Oh I am so tempted with TQS BOM too - you've made a lovely start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to have your company at FNwF.
    Great start to a project too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to start a new year is with a relaxing new project. This one is going to be a beauty. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo of you all and such a pretty block. I can relate to how you feel as we have had all of our three children plus partners plus overseas visitors here for the Christmas break - the last of them left on Friday and whilst we loved every minute of having them here - we are enjoying some peace and quiet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of everyone together. Nice start on your BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always fun to have the family around.... but also fun to have a quiet evening of sewing... I love the block you are doing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visitors are great - but sometimes it is good when they go - happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it nice to be together but still enjoy your own thing. Lovely block by the way.

    ReplyDelete