Wednesday, January 15, 2020

PHD Progress Report - Halfway Through Jan

So here we are working on projects, trying to stay focused on getting some of our "Projects Half Done" to the finish line. I decided to set my mind on working on project #11 A Very Merry Christmas SAL. This was a weekly stitch-a-long and I had already done the embroidery blocks and 10 tiny dresdens.




3 of 5 Red Dresdens

5 Green Dresdens
These are a few pictures I found from earlier posts showing progress. I think this was started Fall 2018. Not too terribly long ago but I want to get it done. Here are some pictures of what I've accomplished so far.
From this, a pile of dresdens with more fabric for more dresdens

96 little dresdens blades

96 Blades Getting Points


48 Pairs of Blades

24 Segments
Dresdens being completed
Another project I'm working on is Afternoon Delight which I just started. It's the 2020 Block of the Month from The Quilt Show, designed by the late Sue Garmen. It's going to be a beauty and I hope to have it done by the end of the year. I believe the month of December has been dedicated to assembly so this shouldn't be an impossible dream. This month's blocks include 4 applique and 2 modified Shoo Fly blocks.

I've chosen to needle-turn my applique blocks. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. Of course it would go faster if I didn't cut through my block after getting it halfway sewn.
Do you see that erroneous clip right through the marked line at the top of the picture? Time for a do-over! Ugh!

I'm going on retreat this coming 4-day weekend so I hope to make a lot of progress on these projects & more! Haha! Wish me luck!

To see more PHD quilters and see how they're doing, check out Quilting Gail here.


8 comments:

  1. It helps to get things done IF you sew along with others doesn't it...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Christmas Dresdens are so lovely. Have a great time ob retreat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little Christmas dresdens! Thanks for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie!
    You've made some great progress on your PHD in 2020!
    SEW, so sorry to hear about your erroneous clip! I hope you get it fixed soon and the error will be a memory!
    Enjoy your retreat!
    Happy Quilting! and Thanks for Linking up to the PHD in 2020 Progress report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little dresdens are just the cutest! The appliqué project is ambitious. I love appliqué, but it never goes as fast as I think it will. Way to go on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those little dresdens. Christmas may be over, but I'm enjoying your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd made good progress as of mid-month, hopefully you've made even more in the last week. Hope the retreat helped you get ahead.

    ReplyDelete