Thursday, February 10, 2022

I Like Thursday #64

What have I liked this week? The highlight of this week (ahem!) had to be my daughter texting me Saturday to say that it was "National Ice Cream for Breakfast Day"! YIPPEE! I really like ice cream and I thought it would make a wonderful breakfast! I promptly made myself a bowl of Triple Vanilla Ice Cream with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, whipped cream, and -- because it was a special day! -- Valentine's Day sprinkles! Celebration in a bowl! This was the picture I texted back to my daughter.
My daughter texted me back shortly after with a picture of her "breakfast". Hahaha! A chip off the old block, for sure!
Last week's snow amounted to about 8". I really like it when it snows. Everything looks so pristine and I don't mind the cold. I do feel bad for the little birds though so I try to keep the feeders full and suet in the baskets. I am also enjoying the brisk walks with Gracie. Unfortunately her knees don't like tromping through such deep snow. We had to give her some pain meds one evening because we could see she was hurting. Poor little Gracie.

I noticed on our walk this week that someone made a snowman on the trail. My mother said he looks like he's got a flat top. It's hard to see but there are sticks sticking out of the top of his head for hair! Anyway, he's the keeper of the trails!


We spied Hootie this morning as he flew by. No time for pictures, of course.

Have you been watching the Olympics? We have in spite of the awful way their government rules but we sympathize with the athletes that have been training for years to compete. Go USA!

On a good/bad situation: I have been dealing with very dry eyes for the past year or more. They are so dry that my eyelids stick to my eyeballs while I'm sleeping and then I can't open them up. Stuck solid, especially the left eye. I had my eye appointment this week (finally!) and, due to the dryness, was told my corneas were scratched. Apparently this is not an unusual thing (thankfully) and my eye doc prescribed eye drops 4X a day and eye ointment at night. A recheck has been scheduled for 6 weeks and hopefully this problem will have been resolved. The good news? No glaucoma, no cataracts, and the corneal scratches should be OK with a little time! That is VERY good news. No one wants to think about losing their eyesight especially not a quilter/knitter/cross-stitcher, reader, etc! I'm really liking my eye doctor!

And on that note, I'll finish up this post by linking with LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color where other "I Like Thursday" bloggers will share the goodness of their week too! Why not join us?

Have a good week!

5 comments:

  1. Ice cream for breakfast sounds divine!
    Hope the eye drops and ointment help your eyes. That is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie! I am so annoyed. Who knew about NATIONAL ice cream for breakfast day?!! A NATIONAL event should be announced across the NATION. Hence the name. HAHA! Your daughter's breakfast looks yummy. My goodness. Those are dry eyes. I have that issue, too. I put drops in morning and evening. I hope the drops and ointment help you. Just getting up in the morning and opening your eyes will be a blessing. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your celebration in a bowl! Yummy breakfast! I'm so sorry to hear about your dry eye problem - hope the new eye drop regimen makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast of champions! That looks like a great way to start the day. :-) The snow looks lovely. Yay for a good eye doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susie, lovely post and that ice cream got my mouth watering. You two are renegades, LOL. I have dry eyes too and use drops every day; I find the ointment (otc) good for when they are extra dry. So far, so good. Must protect our eyes!! Good luck to you with that and glad you got it checked out.

    ReplyDelete