Thursday, February 3, 2022

I Like Thursday #63

It's Thursday and we here in the Midwest are getting snow ... FINALLY! It's our first "real" snowfall this year which seems pretty late to me. Yesterday started with rain, followed by ice, and then sleet/frozen pellets. It ended with a few inches of snow. Fred & I got out there and cleared most of it up and I am grateful that he managed to get my SUV's door open since it was all iced up. I took the dog for a walk around our property and took this interesting picture down by the woods.

Still dark outside so the flash went off. Very icy.

A few minutes later, no flash, but loads of ice.
Here's a picture of my dogwood tree. Look at the top of the tree. You can tell the wind was blowing as it was getting all iced up.

A look out the front. Yup, icy!

A look this morning out the front door of more snow falling. I already shoveled the walk about an hour ago and you can see the snow is still coming down because the walk is covered again. It's supposed to stop by afternoon.

I did get the suet out on the back deck and this little downy woodpecker is thankful.

Can you tell I like SNOW!!??!! I don't mind shoveling since I don't have anywhere to go. I really like watching it come down and I like watching Gracie run through it. The husky in her really comes to life in this weather!

On the tube, we enjoyed streaming "Joe Pickett", a short series on Spectrum. It's based on a couple of books by C. J. Boxx. It's rumored that Spectrum will be filming a 2nd season and we like that! In the meantime we started streaming "Save" which was written by Harlan Coben, an author that Mom & I have enjoyed in the past. "Save" isn't a book but I see that there are numerous of his books that have been made into movies on Netflix. Bet we check them out soon!

I made Katie Lee Biegel's Hometown Lasagna last night. It was a bust per Mom & Fred. I kind of liked it. The biggest complaint from the peanut gallery was it was dry. So glad I added an extra cup of water since Katie had us use uncooked lasagna noodles! Truthfully, I loved the texture of the noodles in the "dry" sauce. Oh well, we'll smother the leftovers in Prego and call it good another day! Ha!

Last weekend I liked sewing with my friends. I hadn't sewn with this group since September last year, I believe. We were probably gone to visit Brody in October and we don't sew in November or December due to the holidays. It was SO GOOD to see "my peeps" again!

One of the ladies there, Pat, was just starting a new Crabapple Hill embroidery project called "Snow Days". The weird thing is, while I was searching earlier for something else, I came across a bag full of fabrics, floss, and this very pattern to make for myself! So funny! But, even funnier, another quilter there said she had just finished her version and so she brought it the next day. That's the top below! Pat & I both agreed that we need to make ours too! Then all three will need to be quilted.


I'll close this week with a family picture! Ha! Then I'll be off to visit Not Afraid of Color to see the others sharing their "Likes" for the week. Thank you, LeeAnna, for gathering us together weekly!


5 comments:

  1. That Snow Day quilt with the embroidery is just gorgeous! You definitely should make it. I'm tempted by that pattern, too. I don't mind a snowy day at all, so why not stitch it! Glad you had a chance to sew with your group, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow days quilt is beautiful. I believe I may have that pattern tucked away in my stash too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty snow. I wish we had more (I want to go skiing!). That quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, I love your family photo! I’m always leery of lasagna with the uncooked noodles! I tried it once a long time ago! I don’t do lasagna very often. Just the two of us, so it makes too much. Suppose I could cut the recipe in half! Or freeze half for a later date! My sister would have called it “planned overs”!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics of the snow, and ice. I like snow when I don't have to go out unless I want to. What a pretty quilt. The family pic is awesome lol.

    ReplyDelete