Saturday, February 12, 2022

Moving Into Aqua/Teal/Turquoise

I'm going to sound like an "old lady" because this past week has been defined by doctor appointments! Hahaha! It started on Tuesday with my eye appointment. I touched on it in my I Like Thursday post HERE. The gist of it was that my longer-than-a-year of dry eye symptoms have led to scratched corneas. My left eye is scratched more than the right and my eyesight in the left has been blurry since the end of November. The cold air (think morning walks with Gracie!) and bright sunshine causes quite a bit of pain as well. Anyway, the eye doc said this is not terribly unusual with dry eye and I'm now medicating both eyes to repair the corneas. Anyway, not a good situation for a quilter!

So that was Tuesday. Then Wednesday I took Mom to the dermatologist for a lump on her wrist and another look at the bump by her nose, close to her eye. The doc wasn't too thrilled with Mom's wrist and wasn't quite sure what to make of her nose so she scraped off both and was going to send them away for biopsies. We'll hear the results sometime next week.

Today was consultation/physical therapy for Mom. So much documentation which was definitely confusing for Mom, not to mention it was on a tablet. So many of the questions seemed geared for younger folks too ... like how much pain do you experience while using a broom? Um, we have housekeeping, no need to sweep. Man, oh man.

I did manage to get a bit of sewing done in spite of my blurry eyes and doctor appointments. String blocks of aqua/teal/turquoise have commenced. They will be part of the border of the String-X quilt.

I also need some background stings as well Here's what I managed. Such a beautiful collection!

There was also sewing on my "secret project" so no pictures yet. I must admit that it has been my primary focus.

I'll be linking with Angela and other Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilters. So much teal/aqua/turquoise beauty!

Have a great week! And Happy Birthday, Abraham Lincoln!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, no!! Sorry to hear about your eyes, Sue. Hope the meds repair the damage quickly! In the meantime, glad you managed a bit of AQUA/TEAL stitching. SEW pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your eye problem resolves itself quickly...& the teal strips are gorgeous... xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of all the string blocks you've been sewing - such a pretty color combination. Mike said to me recently that we'd reached that point that used to drive us crazy when our parents were our age - when every conversation is about your week full of doctor appointments, lol! Oh well, we're all just trying to stay healthy and active, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teals! I went to the eye doc for an entirely different problem and was referred to the retina clinic. One of my issues that I didn't recognize was my incredibly dry eyes! (I thought it was allergy.) So now I'm on a several drops several times a day routine. You are right- we all talk about our "problems" now when we get together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denitivly you have beautiful teal scraps to play with.
    Hope your cornea be repaired fast. I have also dry eyes and I need to use eye drops 4 times a day.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, what a week! Hope your eyes soon heal and that it is nothing to serious for Mum. Nice work on your aqua's. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope all goes well with your follow up appts. The teal scraps are so pretty—I think one of my favorite RSC colors. They just always go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your eyes come right soon. Pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So inspiring teal/aqua sewing going on there! I hope your eye drops start helping quick.

    ReplyDelete