Thursday, February 17, 2022

I Like Thursday #65

Happy Thursday and welcome to I Like Thursday. There are a group of us that focus on the good things happening in our lives and we are rounded up weekly by LeeAnna where we share our posts on Not Afraid of Color . We invite you to check out all our positive posts there.

Each year I renew my membership to the American Quilters' Society (AQS). I like supporting the art and sharing of quilting through this group. As a bonus, I receive discounts on the major national quilt shows, discounts/special offers on select vendors at the quilt shows, and the monthly magazine "American Quilter" which showcases the winners at the national quilt shows and tips & patterns from acclaimed quilters.

Recently they had an offer to renew and receive some complimentary thread from Wonderfil. Since my membership was going to expire in April anyway and I've already reserved my spot on the Paducah bus, I went ahead and sent in my money. Shortly thereafter, I received this package in the mail.

Inside this box were these gorgeous threads! Such a beautiful bonus for something I would have done anyway. Makes these threads extra pretty!


This week was a good week for food. Hope you're hungry because you probably will be if you read on! Haha!

My daughter sent me this recipe for Big Fat Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction. She had tried this recipe out on her co-workers and received many thumbs up. My entire house agreed. As the name of these suggest and as my daughter pointed out, the ingredients pretty much let you know that these are practically a "breakfast food"! Haha! Mom & I totally agree that these are delicious with coffee in the morning.

The cookies are very light textured, probably because there's a lot of beating to making them. My very nice neighbors across the cul-de-sac that helped us shovel the snow off our driveway got this baggy-full as a thank you.
One day last week, Mom & I picked up a piece of salmon at the grocery store. This ended up being our dinner that night. Chipotle Cocoa-Rubbed Salmon from Kardea Brown, microwaved asparagus with lemon & parmesan, and leftover Pumpkin Pasta with Winter Herbs and Parmesan Cheese from Alex Guarnaschelli. It was wonderful dinner!
I went to the grocery store on Superbowl Sunday. That was ALMOST a big mistake. Was it crowded? Of course it was crowded! However they had a deal going that if you downloaded the store coupon, you could get a bag of Dot's Pretzels for FREE. It was only being offered that day (I think)! Have you ever tasted these? Delicious! There are a couple of other flavors but we like the original best.

As usual I'll leave you with a picture of family. As you know, my nephew is in the USAF, stationed in Colorado Springs. He has twin sisters, one of which hadn't had the opportunity to see Colorado ever. She also got herself a Cricut over the holidays that she's been having fun with. Below is a picture of the twins with a good friend of theirs in matching hoodies personalized by the Cricut-user. They're waiting at the airport for their flight. Look out, Bunny Hills, here they come! Haha!
I hope you have a wonderful week. Try to keep your stress levels down and your health up. The two go hand in hand ... just my opinion.

7 comments:

  1. Those cookies look and sound delicious! It was nice of you to share with your most helpful neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look yummy, and I am sure the shoveller appreciates them greatly. I am not a fan of salmon, but your dinner looks yummy. I am a thread snob, but I would love to hear your take on the wonderfil. I was surprised at how much I liked the thread from connecting threads, and I had a spool I pulled out recently which was from craftsy and it is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to say if I'm more in love with the thread, the cookies or that asparagus. lol All good stuff. Also love that quilt in the blog header. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidered quilt in the header photo is just gorgeous, Susie! Is that a Crabapple Hill design? I love it! Pretty thread, too - that's a great bonus for joining. Yummy sounding cookies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pumpkin pasta? plus salmon? I'll be right overrrrrr
    I meant to rejoin aqs for the threads... dang wonder if there's still time. I am a sucker for threads (and fabric, and rulers, and templates, and scissors....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, your salmon meal looks delicious! And those cookies.... those threads look lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susie! Gosh, your post is filled with fun stuff. I love Sally's recipes! I was able to meet her and her husband when I took a class on making pie crust. They were just as nice as she seems. Those cookies are a big hit with everyone whenever I make them, too. Nice bonus for joining AQS - those threads look lovely. Salmon and asparagus - my favorite meal. The picture of your nieces and friend is cute! They look very excited to be travels. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete