Thursday, January 27, 2022

I Like Thursday #62

Let's do another round of I Like Thursday today, OK? Recently we've had a couple of visitors to the pond out back. This bald eagle stopped by for a couple of days and even brought a buddy a time or two. So regal. We really liked watching them.


Anyone care for a little ice fishing? Hahaha! Silly eagle! But doesn't he look cute? Do eagles' feet get cold? Hmmmm ....

I like watching the geese on our pond every winter too. We get so many and I love watching them fly in during the morning, skating across the ice lately. We've been so cold. Gracie & I walked the other day when it was 6 degrees. Thought that was bad until this morning when it was 2 degrees! Oh my!  But Gracie loved it! I guess the geese love it too. There's a bunch of them sitting on the ice surrounding the water that doesn't freeze due to the fountain.


On another morning this past week, I spied Wile E! That's right -- a coyote! He was walking in the field next to the bike trail. Here he is.

See that fencing? I was zoomed in but here is where we actually were. Gracie & I cut through here lots of mornings. I'm sure that sign isn't meant for us!
On a sad note: That field is filling up rather quickly with villas (aka duplexes). Gracie & I won't be able to run & play through there much longer and I wonder what will happen to Wile E. Boo!

I took this photo of Polly this afternoon. This used to be her very favorite sunbathing spot ... until Christmas when my grandkitty Penny arrived and claimed this spot for herself. Since Penny left, Polly sniffed up there once and promptly left. Fred & I have put Polly up there several different times over the past couple of weeks. I replaced the Penny-smelling blanket with a clean one. Nope! Polly would have none of that. Until today, that is. First time I've seen her up there since before Penny's Christmas visit. Hahaha!


Do you have these where you shop? Our local grocery store chain (Schnucks) has these roving robots. As you can read on the front, the name is Tally, and it goes up and down the aisles taking inventory of the food items. If there's a person in the way, Tally either waits or maneuvers to go around. She's apparently quite smart. I took this picture because (1) no one was in the aisle to see; and (2) to share with everyone! Do any of your stores have these?
 

This afternoon I decided to make some cupcakes. They're a little early for Valentine's Day but I figured what the heck? It's almost February! The cake was Duncan Hines Yellow and the frosting was the recipe from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa Powder box. It's the absolute easiest to make and the most delicious to eat frosting! Find yourself a box and make the recipe yourself. Here are my cupcakes complete with red, white, & pink hearts and white & pink sprinkles.

That completes my list of likes for this week. I'll be sharing and viewing other lists on LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color. Hop on over yourself and be tickled, amazed, and amused.

7 comments:

  1. You have a lot to like this week. Bald Eagles are beautiful and so fascinating. We had a 'family' of three that lived near our old house. They fly so high! We do not have 'Tally' in our stores, I wonder how accurate they are... Enjoy those cupcakes, they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lots of awesome likes. The eagle is great, and I know my chickens feet get cold, they don't like walking in snow. The coyote looks very healthy. Too bad they are building in the field. Yep my company is starting to use the robots for inventory, will hopefully help keep us better stocked, and prevent people from stocking product in the wrong places. LOL Polly was out of sorts after "someone used her space".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Polly shenanigans, so cute! What a great kitty spot! I spy an eagle every now and then and always with awe. Coyotes walk through here rarely but lots of fox around. I have never heard of a Tally, very interesting. Thanks for sharing your recipe...sound delicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to see the bald eagles?! They do seem to like to hang out on icy ponds - maybe they can get fish where the open water is. I love seeing wildlife anywhere, but developments do kind of push the animals out. Yummy cupcakes- very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All sorts of good wildlife. We have a robot like that at our grocery store, but it's for detecting spills, not inventory. Those cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky you are to have bald eagles close!I always feel honored to see one. They are not rare in our area, I just never seem to be able to see them! I don’t think we have robots in our stores. I’ve never seen one of them either! Maybe I need to get my eyes examined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you live in a beautiful place at your pond. Amazing to have an bald eagle in your back yard. I have seen them a few times while visiting your country and they are so beautiful and majestic.
    Your cupcakes look delicious, never a bad time to make some. Glad your Kitty likes her favorite place to sleep again.

    ReplyDelete