Thursday, January 20, 2022

I Like Thurs #61

Here we are, another week into 2022 and another date with LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color. The I Like Thursday posts are ones that I look forward to because there are a lot of tips, recommendations, recipes, and more shared by other bloggers. You should hit the link above and see for yourself!

My post will start as my days start: walking the trail with Gracie. Every morning I'm on the lookout for Screech & Hootie. Here's Screech from the other day. I saw him yesterday too when he swooped between the trees. I certainly wasn't fast enough to get a picture of him!

Have you heard of the fun, new Wordle craze? Every day you have to guess the new 6-letter word of the day and you only get 6 guesses. This is what the board looks like. I like how they give you the letters below the board. The letters get grayed out if you've tried them and they aren't used. They turn yellow if they are to be used but you haven't put them in the right spot. Green is good -- you've got the right letter in the right spot. You only get one word a day so it's not a time buster. Still time to sew! Lol!


On the tube, we've been enjoying the Australian Open (in spite of the ker-fluffle with Novak Djokovic). We're also pleased to be watching new episodes of NCIS again and I like to watch The Amazing Race. Switzerland was so pretty this week! Have you seen the movie "The Power of the Dog" on Netflix? I enjoyed it although it was a bit dark. They're talking an award for Kirsten Dunst's role. It's an interesting flick and I recommend it, although just know that it is hauntingly interesting/good.

I seem to be on a stuffed peppers kick lately. This time I used this recipe from Molly Yeh but didn't put the tahini sauce on it. Instead I threw in some feta cheese. I also went out on a limb and used ground lamb. Man, oh man! So delicious! The curry & turmeric with the lamb and bell pepper? Scrump-dilly-itious! Lol!


Mom has been staying here with us this week. Her back is still bothering her and she has a hard time keeping track of when she last took a Tylenol (or not) for the pain. She also had a podiatrist appointment Tuesday and has a hair appointment today with a follow-up doctor appointment tomorrow. Just easier for me to drive her here & there from our home. I suspect she'll have physical therapy starting up and I'll probably keep her here for that too.

So that's my week. While there has been some stress with adjusting to Mom's presence 24/7, it's still been a good week. Mom loves everything I cook! Haha!

Enjoy your week!

6 comments:

  1. I have been playing Wordle! Sometimes I guess the word quickly, others I am stumped by one or two letters. Your stuffed peppers sound yummy! Do you find the ground lamb at the regular grocery store? That's something I haven't cooked with. I hope your mom's back gets better. That has been an issue with my mom - remembering when/if she took medications. It's worrisome for all of us when our parents begin to struggle with those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie! WORDLE!! I love it. I'm totally hooked. So far, I've managed to get two words in two guesses. Just a lucky fluke! {{Hugs}} a bunch for you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name of Screech and Hootie. Yup - I've jumped on the Wordle craze, too. lol Power of the Dog was dark but well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screech and Hootie, awesome names. Your stuffed peppers look yummy. Glad you can help your mama. Everyone is playing wordle I see. Looks like a fun game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for explaining Wordle to me. I've heard people talking about it but never looked into it. Your peppers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've played Wordle and it's harder than it looks! lol Thanks for visiting and the birthday wishes! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete