Thursday, January 6, 2022

I Like Thursday #59

It's been a while since I posted but, suffice it to say, I had a very nice holiday season. I guess that would be my first like for this post. Family!

Gifts from my cousin almost always come from Macy's

My nephew, brother, and Mom in the background

There's my Mama!

I like that my daughter brings her kitties. Gracie likes keeping on eye on Penny who likes to keep an eye on Penny! Ha!


Penny felt quite at home this year.
Gracie was always exhausted from the company
at the end of the day

My DH got me a new laptop for Christmas -- or was it Santa? Either way it took me a little time to get everything transferred over and I still haven't personalized it 100%. I love it. Isn't it amazing how you don't even realize how cruddy your electronics are running until they're replaced? This one seems lightning fast!

My daughter figured out what was wrong with my Instant Pot. I used to use it a lot but lately it was messing up. We tested it by quick-cooking dried black beans. Ta! Da! Worked like a charm so I made some Black Bean Chili to test it out using this link.

Later I made a crockpot full of ham & bean soup using the ham bone from Christmas Eve dinner. I followed these two recipes: Mostly Ham & Bean Soup (Crock Pot Style) and a bit of Basic Ham & Bean Soup. We don't like Great Northern Beans and I didn't have a bag of 15-bean soup mix, so I just used mostly black beans with about a 1/3 of kidney beans. It was very tasty.


Lately there had been sticks along the bike trail indicating sign locations. The other day there was a vehicle on the trail in the distance.

The next day there were some very cool signs strategically placed along the trail at intersections, This is the sign that Gracie & I see first when leaving our subdivision. Look! Includes mileages! Very nice!



Before all the cold weather arrived, Gracie & I admired some lovely artwork in our neighborhood.

And where would I be without a picture of our Brody. Here he is enjoying life in his parent's bed watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. That movie is a classic!

In the library department, I'm still reading "Troubled Blood" by Robert Galbraith, aka J. K. Rowling. I've been enjoying her Cormoran Strike series and this book, number 5 in the series, is also good. You can read about it here.

I think that pretty much catches you & me up. I hope you can look around and find plenty to like in your world too.


Linking up with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid Of Color.


4 comments:

  1. It's definitely very precious to be with family for Christmas! So glad you were able to. Hooray for the new laptop, too - that will be nice for the new year. Those signs on your walking trail look really helpful, especially with the mileage included. I had missed your previous post - fun to see your WiPs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie! That new trail sign is pretty nifty, telling you the mileage, etc. Brody! How cute is that picture?!! I love it. Are you in Madison, Wisconsin??? Happy Thursday! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to celebrate Christmas with family. Gracie looks comfy. That soup looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susie, I loved all the photos in this post....happy faces including little Brody, all making happy memories. I love your trails...excellent for exercising. And Black Bean chilli sounds delicious, definitely something we would love too. A healthy, happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete