Thursday, January 13, 2022

I Like Thursday #60

Today was a busy, busy day with Mom. Recently her back has been hurting and it was time to pay the doctor a visit to be sure we were handling it right and if there was anything else to do for healing. Then there was a trip to the dentist in the afternoon. In between, I took down her Christmas tree, put away all the holiday decorations, did a couple loads of laundry, straightened out some stacks of papers, swept her basement, soaked her sink sprayer in vinegar and got the sucker spraying again, and also provided some company for her. I was so busy that I almost forgot about my I Like Thursday post! Thank goodness there are several other posters that reminded me so here goes. A special thank-you goes to LeeAnna @ NotAfraidofColor for keeping us focused on the good things around us because the news on TV sure doesn't help us much in that department! Ha! Visit her blog where we are rounded up to share. Bet you find some interesting things to make you smile!

By now I think you know that Gracie & I like our walks. We haven't seen Hootie the owl lately but we've discovered another critter to look for. I named him Screech because of the screechie noise he makes. That's how I discovered him, saw him a second day, AND heard him a third day in the subdivision even though we weren't even on the bike trail yet!

Screech, a hawk

Screech soaking in some sunshine

I've heard that there are quite a few folks enjoying the series Yellowstone. It's on a pay-for streaming channel. Well, if you get Spectrum, you can enjoy Joe Pickett! It's advertised as Spectrum's answer to the popular Yellowstone. It's based on the books by C. J. Boxx and my mother has read all of them. Even though Fred & I have not read the books, we are enjoying this season all together!

On the kitchen front, I made some stuffed green peppers. I used THIS RECIPE as a base but changed it up a little to suit me. I used Zatarain's Spanish Rice box mix for starters. Then I used all ground beef instead of some chorizo sausage, no corn, and then I sprinkled mine with Tabasco Salt and my son's delicious smoked cheddar cheese. Then I cooked it as per the directions.
Scrumptious! Just add wine!

I must also add that I really like my neighbors. If I need to borrow anything, I've got a neighbor to go to. If I need a good repairman, I've got a neighbor to ask for a recommendation. If I need advice, I've got a neighbor to confer with. If I have a gardening question, I've got a neighbor to go to for an answer. I consider myself so lucky!

Recently a neighbor brough me this beautiful amaryllis. It's been blooming such gorgeous flowers. I hope I can keep it alive to bloom again next year. I'm also using it for my header picture.

If you've read through all of this, I hope you are inspired to find some good things in your life as well. Here's hoping we ALL have a good week, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your mom's back gets better - did you get any helpful info from the doctor? My mom has been falling so much recently that her back often hurts, too. It usually gets better after a few days, but is frustrating while it lasts. Beautiful hawk photos! It is great to have good, longtime neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to catch up in 2022... & your flower is gorgeous...xox

    ReplyDelete