Saturday, January 8, 2022

Friday Night With Friends

First Friday Night with Friends and I was very happy to join my fellow stitchers from around the world ... even if only virtually! Thank you, Cheryll, for hosting this community event again every first Friday of the month and providing the Linky party!

I knew I wanted to do some applique Friday night so I picked up my Gardenhurst block. It looked like this:

These stems were only glued down and needed to be stitched in place. I knew this would be the perfect thing to work on since Friday nights are good TV-watching in our house and we were happy to see that the shows were all new episodes!

After stitching these stems in place, I glued down the center stem and stitched it on. Next I prepped five leaves and the top of the vase. After gluing those pieces in place, it was time for bed. My block is looking good so far and I'm ready to sew this afternoon when Mom arrives!



Have a good weekend! I'll be reading my fellow FNwF folks' blogs and getting inspired no doubt!

Linked up with Gone Stitchin'.


3 comments:

  1. Interesting applique block, not a design I've seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tha looks great can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family just left after 3 weeks... now I can catch up on FNwF... xox

    ReplyDelete