Sunday, July 16, 2023

A Beautiful Red PHD Finish

Surprise! Surprise! I have beautiful finish and it happens to be right in line with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge which is red this month. It was also included on my PHD list so a win-win for me! This is "Hello, Autumn!" and the pattern is designed by Red Button Quilt Co.


I bought this as a kit when my friend Sharon & I went to Oblong IL to visit The Village Stitchery. What a beautiful store with so many beautiful fabrics, wools, samples, and kits.I knew I had to buy this one. Besides being so pretty, it had some of everything in it. There's wool applique in the middle, a bit of piecing in the border, a little embroidery at the top, and I ended up hand quilting it because it was small and didn't hurt my hand too much. It's only about 13" x 14".

I had the top done during the Fall last year but had never gotten around to finishing it up. It is now quilted, bound, and labeled.


I better get my red & neutral scraps together. There are pineapples to be made!

Linking up with Angela at SoScrappy and all the other RSC quilters.

6 comments:

  1. What a great design that is - as you say, a bit of everything. Looks really lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty, Susie! It's fun that it included a little of every kind of stitching you enjoy doing. You'll be all ready when it's time to decorate for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable Autumn wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty indeed. I have a little Welcome Winter wallhanging up by the front door, which was also a kit. Small and satisfying to make indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all ready for Fall! Beautiful! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete