Thursday, July 13, 2023

I Like Thurs #121

 I've been AWOL lately because the calendar has been full of this and that. I've enjoyed reading a lot of your posts even if I haven't commented each time. Trust me, I'm still following a lot of you but time has not been on my side.

A lot of my time has been trying to assemble my new sewing furniture. I took the plunge at the end of June to purchase ON SALE a Kangaroo desk with Joey cabinet. With that came a (free?) Kiwi storage/cutting table/ironing station cabinet. Some of the pieces arrived damaged so I had to wait on replacement pieces but there was no problem. I do have the Joey cabinet assembled but I'm going to have to watch the videos on how to get the self-closing drawers to close. The desk is halfway assembled. It looks like quite the mess around here with boxes and parts strewn everywhere. It'll be nice once done and I know I'm going to really like it!

I finished reading "Demon Copperhead" last week. Let's just call it an interesting book. I will say I felt like the last 1/3 of the book dragged a bit but everything did wrap up nicely. I'm not saying I loved the book and I'm not saying I'd heartily recommend it but I'm not sorry I spent the time reading the 500+ pages either. I'll let you take it from there. Lol!

My current read is "Counterfeit" by Kirstin Chen. It's a lighter, summer novel and so far the character seems a bit self-absorbed. Not sure if I'm going to enjoy this one much but I'll get to the end and let you know.

Synopsis Here

No sewing has been done around here lately but I have been working on my cross stitch project. I like having this in my lap while I watch Wimbledon tennis!

Last week I enjoyed spending some time with my friend Sharon. She showed me how to use the AccuQuilt fabric cutter and what I was going to need for AccuQuilt Club at my LQS. You may recall I won a small version of the cutter and want to learn to use it. Between Sharon and the club, I've got some teachers!

As for cooking, I made a Chocolate Cherry Coca-Cola Cake by Kardea Brown. It was very good but we felt there was too much sweet frosting. I'm going to try it again using half the amount. Also on the cooking front was a Rib Sandwich with Sauerkraut by Valerie Bertinelli. We thought this sounded so weird it just had to be good -- And it was!!! Now I'll admit that my husband (not a kraut lover) said it was good with just a little bit of sauerkraut. That was fine with Mom & me because we got extra on our sandwich!

I'm sure LeeAnna, our fearless leader, had a prompt but I'll be doggone if I know what it is this week. I'm happy to be sharing some of my LIKES of late anyway. See some more likes being shared HERE.

 Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to get the new sewing furniture! Hope the assembly is finished soon. Good for you for sticking with Demon Copperhead - it sounds like a challenging book! That's a pretty cross-stitch design! Have fun learning to use your Accuquilt, too. They look very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew nice to have new sewing furniture! Love your cross stitch. I’m reading “the curious heart of Ailsa Rae” at the moment. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cross stitch and Wimbledon, great combo!

    ReplyDelete