Saturday, July 1, 2023

End of June, End of Blue

It's time to wrap things up for June, the month of light & bright blue. For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I managed to get four pineapples done.

And because I was curious as to how they might look together with all the pineapples from this year, I laid them out on the floor. Pretty, huh? I also have 2 dark blue pineapples from January. I'll see if I need to add a couple more to balance things out at the end of the RSC year. These pineapples are quite large, approximately 8" x 14".

As for my PHD, I managed to complete this table mat (meaning it also qualifies for the 2023 Table Scraps Challenge). I started this last year and got the top pieced. This month I quilted and bound it. My inspiration was a quilt that I love from Temecula Quilt Company's book "Quirky Little Quilts" called Ruby Rooster. I changed up the ROOSTER for a RABBIT when I learned 2023 is the Year of the Rabbit on the Chinese calendar.

The background is actually showing more brown than the true gray. It finished up at approximately 15" x 20" and is just adorable. All the different blues fit the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The Table Scraps letters for June were D and/or I. This project started the month as Incomplete and, by month's end, was now officially Done! How's that for using the appropriate letters??!!

Here are a couple of close-ups of the quilting and also a backing/binding pic.


Of course I've got other projects in the works around here. My EPP block for the month is nearly finished as is the applique Uptown June block. I'm adding a few more hand-quilted stitches to a sweet little Fall wall hanging. There are only the borders to add to the Fat Quarter Shop's Haunted Halloween Mystery wall hanging. I've got a date with a longarm machine at my LQS later in July so that should be another UFO project crossed off the list.

So June is over, July has begun, and that's a wrap from me. I hope you have wonderful week and are able to celebrate the 247th birthday of our magnificent country which offers so much freedom.



Linking up with Angela @ SoScrappy, Gail @ QuiltingGail, and Joy @ TheJoyfulQuilter.

15 comments:

  1. LOL!! I got a good laugh out of how you chose to relate your sweet project to the letter prompts for the June 2023 ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge. Thanks for playing along (and I love your Pineapple blocks, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pineapples are so fun all laid out together! And I love your tabletopper with the rabbit and 9 patches. Done is definitely better than incomplete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a crush on that cute bunny. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pineapples are wonderful! So interesting. And you rabbit table topper is adorable. Those are TINY 9 patches! Eek! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "fruit salad" pineapples look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pineapples look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pineapples are looking stunning Susie! Love the table mat too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. RSC and TSC projects both look great! What happened to your comments? I could have sworn that I already responded to this post. Tricky was to relate your sweet bunny quilt to June's letter prompts - I like it!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table mat is adorable!!! What a great idea to switch to a rabbit!! Thanks for linking to PHD in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pineapples!!! they are all so pretty with the colors mixed!!
    Your PHD is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rabbit is cute but I'm completely taken by your pineapples. Is the design hard to do. Could I make it EPP I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susie, I love those pineapple blocks! What a cute table topper. That rabbit is great! When you do free motion quilting, please consider linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Love the quilting ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue, love both your finished and ongoing projects.

    ReplyDelete