Thursday, June 29, 2023

I Like Thursday #120

Welcome back to I Like Thursday, where several of us share happy things weekly. You can find all the fun stuff on LeeAnna's blog where she gathers us each Thursday.

In spite of the heat we've been experiencing here in the MidWest and the drought and the hazy smoke from the Canadian fires,

Our forecast earlier this week

the flowers are still blooming!

Agastache, aka hyssop

Agastache & Sunflowers
See the bird? Makes my heart sing!
My neighbor's double daylily

My pink daylily

View in my front flowerbed
Yellow daylily, red daylily, Shasta daisy

View from under the back deck
Pink astilbe blooming

Huge catmint -- can you spy the bees?

No I Like Thursday post is complete without a glimpse of the grandkids.

Big Brother Brody

Little Brother Jacob

I recently learned that my cousin is expecting his first grandchild the beginning of 2024. Won't that be a wonderful way to start the new year? I'll be combing through my books & stash to make a quilt for the new family member.

I tried a few new recipes this week that were tasty. The baked salmon and the sauteed asparagus recipes were super easy. Both recipes are from The Almond Eater blog and Mom & I enjoyed.

Carole at From My Carolina Home re-shared her recipe for Chicken Florentine Lasagne recently. In this post she mentions that she changed up her original recipe slightly but I made the original version. It was not difficult and made plenty! A 9x13 dish which we ate from twice and I froze the other half. We all loved this one!

I've made the Old-Fashioned Lemon Buttermilk Pie before from Kardea Brown, aka Delicious Miss Brown from The Food Network. We loved it before and are enjoying it again. It tastes really good on a hot day. (Refer back to the week's forecast above!) 

I'm still reading "Demon Copperhead" but it's kind of hit a lull. I'm sure it'll pick up as there have been some recent changes in Demon's life and there's only about 100 pages left of this 500+ page book.

I hope you can find something in this post to like too! Have a great week and we'll be trying to keep cool.

6 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! Your week was full of wonderful "Likes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of your sweet grandkids! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers, Susie! I'm enjoying seeing all the summer flowers around here, too. Your recipes sound yummy! I'm going to have to try the asparagus one. Hope you can stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love watching what is growing in the garden's while visiting the US, I always discover so many flowers we don't have in our yards. Enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, Susie. The extreme heat here has also been seemingly good for the blooming. LOve to see what you are growing-pretty street views, btw, and the day lilies are open here too. The orange ones are called ditch lilies here in our part of Ontario as so many bunches are seen in ditches along the roads. Beautiful photos of the boys too. Treasures!

    ReplyDelete