Thursday, June 15, 2023

I Like Thursday #118

What a week it's been. So much to be grateful for that I want to share. Look at this little goober! And his Grampa approves of this little Grandson's shirt.

I started reading "Demon Copperhead" by Barbara Kingsolver and I'm coming right along, It is about a young boy going through the foster care system in rural Kentucky. While it is heartbreaking, it is also inspiring. I'm about a third of the way through and I'm liking it. I have to say I'm wondering how it's going to end.

On one of the morning walks with my daughter, we noticed a lot of buds on the plants surrounding a mailbox post at a house in my neighborhood. Sarah remarked that it looked like there would be an amazing amount of flowers once it started blooming. Well, I'd say the coreopsis has officially exploded!
My quilt guild, Hearts 'n' Hands, serves the Metro East area of St. Louis. Last weekend we had our every-other-year quilt show and this one was super special because our last one was cancelled due to COVID. Our monthly meeting was last Tuesday and most of the ribbon-winning quilts were shown off. You can see some of the quilts HERE at the guild's website. It was a breath-taking display and, of course, the pictures don't even do them justice.

If you know me, you know I love a quilt-a-long Did you know Fat Quarter Shop is having a Mystery Haunted Halloween QAL? You know I jumped in and you can too! All you need to do is visit their website to catch up. It's really not too late since we're only two blocks in so far. Here are my first two blocks.


The first two steps for the Fat Quarter Shop Haunted Halloween MQAL is right here. I believe it is finishing up by the end of the month or so. It's only 31.5" x 32.5" so a cute wall hanging. If you'd rather, you can also find the cross-stitch SAL there too.

Do you think that's enough to keep me happy? Heck no! Lol! Edyta Sitar from Laundry Basket Quilts is also having a mystery quilt-a-long on her blog. She has only told us that it is garden themed and she is also only a couple of weeks in. I haven't started mine yet but will be soon. This larger wall hanging finishes at 53.5" square. You can find all the steps up to now right on her blog HERE. Of course I'll be sharing pictures as soon as I get going on this one!

We are warm and getting warmer here in the Midwest. The 90s are creeping up on us and we still haven't had rain to speak of. The corn all around us is growing taller every day so that is a good thing. Wishing you all a happy week! If you'd like to read more, go to LeeAnna's blog where all of us share good things.

4 comments:

  1. That is a cute little grandson and he has really grown! Interesting to hear what you're thinking of Demon Copperhead, too. I like those blocks you're making for the Halloween QAL! Fun cat especially. It has continued to be cool here, but maybe a little more summery feeling for the weekend. I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie. What flowers and especially sweet little grandson. My two are past that adorable stage now. Barbara is one of my favourite authors...I have that book on a wait list. That is a great QAL and your blocks look perfect. Both these QAL's look wonderful. Unfortunately we have sun today which has brought the smokey air back...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah your sweet little grandbaby is a doll, Susie. The blooms are gorgeous and such a cheerful sight to see. Love the Halloween blocks ; thank you for sharing about the SAL.

    ReplyDelete