Saturday, June 17, 2023

RSC Lt/Bright Blue & Friday Night Sew-In

Fridays are always on the busy side around here. Mom has a standing hair appointment at 11:15 about a half hour away. Makes for a quick breakfast and away I scoot Mother. Yesterday we had a list of errands to run. Her driver's license expires on her birthday and, since she doesn't want to renew it (or they won't give her one at her age anyway -- her words! Ha!),  since her hair was all "purty", we headed over to DMV to get her state ID. Afterwards it was off to Swansea to pick up bird (aka squirrel) food and pick up a flyer from the grocery store. Next stop was her favorite grocery store to browse -- Fresh Thyme. If you aren't familiar with that one, it's similar to Whole Foods. We browsed and shopped and folks wished her a happy birthday everywhere we went. When we got home, we discovered that we forgot to pick up the shrimp! Thankfully (huh?) we have to go back down that way today, Saturday, as she's got Terminix visiting her house this morning. Whew! Is it no wonder that I haven't had much time to sit at a sewing machine?? Haha! It's all good though, of course.

While Mom got her hair done, I worked on my English Paper Piecing project for the month. Better get moving on it since we meet again this Wednesday! I also picked it up after dinner. Thank you, Friday Night Sew-In, for giving me the perfect reason to sit down & relax with fabric in my lap!

Apple Core pieces I managed to baste.
Ten more black ones to go

The layout I plan to use

As for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I cut out some light/bright blue pieces along with some background ones. They will turn into the pineapples for my RSC project.
Mess to become pineapples!

Other works in progress include a mystery SAL organized by The Fat Quarter Shop called Haunted Halloween. It'll be a small wall hanging. You can read about it in my I Like Thursday post. I included a link to get you started on it if you're interested!

Clue #1 - Haunted Halloween

I'll be enjoying what others have managed to work on at the links below. Come join us!

Wendy @ Sugarlane Designs -- Friday Night Sew-In

Angela @ SoScrappy -- Rainbow Scrap Challenge

Have a wonderful Father's Day weekend. We'll be celebrating Mom's 90th birthday this weekend as well!

7 comments:

  1. The apple cores look fun - love those colors together! And the stars that go with your bat are great, too. Lots of fun things going on at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such variety in your project list, Susie, and a whole lot of running going on! Happy to the birthday girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy, busy, busy. Your apple core blocks is look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheew!!!! You have been a busy bee, Susie. Happy Birthday to your dear, Mom. I hope her birthday was a blessed one. Your apple core project looks fabulous. I have never made them before and am very intrigued. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations to your Mum - hope she has a wonderful birthday. Love the applecores, really ought to try some of these. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mother is lucky to have a "taxi driver". Tasty looking apple cores and pretty future looking pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is keeping you busy - EPP is a great project to keep with you!

    ReplyDelete