Saturday, June 10, 2023

Rainbow Scrap Challenge -- Light Blue

 On Thursday my brother, wife, and dog left our house with their car and Mom's van. 

The dogs getting in one last romp before Hoss loaded up

My brother & SIL packing out
Due to having a houseful this past week, there wasn't a lot of time left for sewing. I did manage to get the next Uptown block close to finished. There's a bit of dark blue in it so that'll have to be my RSC for the week.

May Block for Uptown BOM
(Red motif on left has yet to be appliqued)
I got a package in the mail from my son this week. He called it a belated Mother's Day gift. Look what he made! A solar-powered hummingbird bath!

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention that this has been "birthday week" around here. On the 5th, our sweet #1 grandson Brody turned FOUR YEARS OLD! Here he is driving his brother around the yard in his new Jeep.
The boys cruising the backyard in Brody's new wheels

And today marks a labor-intensive birthday (haha!): Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter, Sarah! 
Sarah
(pictured taken 40 years ago)

And that, my friends, is it for this week. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We are expecting rain and that would be truly wonderful here in the Midwest. Wish we could send some up to Canada as well.

Linking up with SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to all your special people! I bet Brody will have fun with his car. The solar bird bath is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday wishes to all celebrating. What a great car for your grandson to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how family birthdays come in groups...I've decided to skip RSC this month...done enough blue so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bird bath! Well some stitching is better than no stitching but having family around must have been great too. We had a little much needed rain yesterday, it was getting very dry here too. Have a nice week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun week in review!!! How do the hummingbirds like the bath? I love your GS's Jeep!!! I drive a full sized one, so that is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete